Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

wtf it isnt getting fuel

i got a 96 xp that isnt pulling fuel to the carbs. It has new fuel lines which arent clogged, gas in the gas tank, and i just rebuilt the carbs because i thought it was the fuel diaphram but it wasnt. It still isnt pulling a drop of fuel from the gas tank. i need some serious suggestions. . . . im relly starting to lose my patience with it

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Did you pull the fuel pump block off and check the mica check valves on the other side of the diaphram?

those are the clear discs right? i replaced them when i rebuilt the carbs, is there a specific way to put them in? and would the cause it not to pump fuel?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by juggaloXPracer View Post
    those are the clear discs right? i replaced them when i rebuilt the carbs, is there a specific way to put them in? and would the cause it not to pump fuel?
    well carefully would be my suggestion on those teeensy plastic discs, but my in all seriousnesss your fuel selector has gone belly up, or there was a mixup at the tank connections.

With the gas cap off the tank, pressurize the line that is supposedly providing fuel, it should make a bubbling sound if the fuel selector is in teh on or reserve position, and build pressure if it's in teh off position. I pressurize the line with a small carb leak tester..pump it up to 5 psi...it should hold that pressure with the valve off..then open the vave it should go to zero, then pressureize the line with a little air ( cap OFF the tank ( or else you take a gas batch).

without trying to make the op or myself look stupid, you did connect the pulse line back right?

Fuel selector clogged?

the pulse line is hooked back up, and the feul selector swithc isnt clogged i took it off and blew it out wiht compressed air and sprayed it inside and out wiht carb cleaner. , i tried priming the fuel lines today to see if it would pull any with fuel in the lines but it jsut sat there it dint move any when i turned it over. I think my best bet is to pull the carbs back off and check those clear discs?

the pulse line is hooked back up, and the feul selector swithc isnt clogged i took it off and blew it out wiht compressed air and sprayed it inside and out wiht carb cleaner. , i tried priming the fuel lines today to see if it would pull any with fuel in the lines but it jsut sat there it dint move any when i turned it over. I think my best bet is to pull the carbs back off and check those clear discs?
    Yep, I would. The discs have to seat against the cast body. Movement of the diaphram draws fuel in one disc, and the opposite direction movement of the diaphram pushes the fuel through the other disc. If the rubber nipples aren't seated properly, then the discs won't be either. Confirm you have good sealing from the pulse line up to the diaphram too.

i traced it down today. It is the pulse line fitting on the block. it isnt sucking its jsut blowing out air. any dieas what would cause that?

i traced it down today. It is the pulse line fitting on the block. it isnt sucking its jsut blowing out air. any dieas what would cause that?
    The only way it can doo that is if your RV timing isn't right. Piston travels up the cylinder, equals suction stroke. Down equals positive pressure out stroke.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information