Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I think she's blown up! need some help!

First of i would like to say hi! i just joined here , was told it was a good place to come for help.

Anyways i was riding my 02 GP1200 all day and on my way back i decided to put her to the bar and when i backed off, it bogged down BAD! and was running only on 2 cylinders, i limped her home and pulled it outta the water and pulled the plugs and found that the middle plugs gap was crushed and the other cylinders were perfect. Now the machine ran pretty decent all day but just didnt seem to be running at its best so... do you guys think this could be the crank bearings gone or did she blow. Also the motor still turns over and fires up but just sounds like crap/2 cylinders! i changed the plugs and it still did the same thing Hope you guys can help Thanks

+1

Exclamation

First, Welcome to the forum

Second, I would do a compression check and see what your readings are at first.
    Is this motor stock?

+1
    sorry, can you re-answer that....I accidentally edited your post when I thought I hit "reply"
    I'm still getting use to this new format on the forum. I apologize.

+1
    Hmmm, this is just a guess, but in order for the piston to hit that spark plug, something twisted, probably the crank.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl
    Hmmm, this is just a guess, but in order for the piston to hit that spark plug, something twisted, probably the crank.
    SHOOTER
    I would say so also....something let go

The Machine for mods has a d plate, flame arrestors, intake grate, high flow exhaust tube and impellar. I am checking compression tomorrow. Just thought i'd ask you guys also , im thinking something might have let go as well. Thanks

+1
    well, if you end up needing a motor let me know, I have one still for sale.
    That sucks that it happened, mainly in the middle of summer. After doing a comp test, I'd take the head off and check everything. Turn the motor by hand and let us know what you see.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl
    well, if you end up needing a motor let me know, I have one still for sale.
    That sucks that it happened, mainly in the middle of summer. After doing a comp test, I'd take the head off and check everything. Turn the motor by hand and let us know what you see.
    SHOOTER
    Hey what motor is it , is it stock , how many hrs and what are you asking for it? Thanks

Also i checked the compression on it today and middle cylinder has almost no compression , do you think it could be a broken reed, would a broken reed cause loss of compression?

+1
    No! A reed won't cause loss of compression. You probably have one of three failures. Either the pin on the PV came out and contacted the piston. Or the locating pin for the piston rings failed. causing the ring to spin the open end of the ring into the exhaust port and snaging the exhaust port. Or you had some kind of connecting rod failure. Either small end or large end....... causing contact with the spark plug electroed. Good luck! TCR

A broken reed would not cause 0 compression, you have a serious problem. pull the head and be ready to cry. This is bringing back memories of last summer for me, #2 cylinder=0 compression. My piston looked like pac-man had it for lunch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information