Dropped flexible extendable spout in fuel tank

Do I need to fish it out?

Good job!if it dropped into the tank you have two choices: leave it, or pull the tank which is a major beeeotch.. If it's still in the fill neck you can fish it out or try to remove the fill neck from the inside of the hull..
    no matter how you cut the cake if you can't fish it it's gonna suck to try to get it..

What ski?

what difference would it make anyway what ski it is?? unless it's an older ski that fills directly into the tank??? Other than that every mfr's ski is the same in the way they have a fill neck from the hull 2 the tank spout fitting. some r longer and some are shorter, some have flex tube some are solid rubber hose..

because if it is a 250x you could remove the fuel pump assembly and retrieve it and while your there you could install the deep pickup. Gappa don't be so quick to offer mechanical advice when that advice may be wrong. Do you know for sure that the tank has to come out? It seems the type of ski would be good info to start with wouldn't it?

David

Its the 250x. Question is do I need to fish it out ie will it cause any issues?

Ive already ridden once with it with no problems.

I have a flexible mechanical grip tool so i maybe able to fish it out once i get it out of the water and see what im doing rather then fishing it out blindly.

I would think that gas would breakdown the plastic over time. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't know for sure

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    because if it is a 250x you could remove the fuel pump assembly and retrieve it and while your there you could install the deep pickup. Gappa don't be so quick to offer mechanical advice when that advice may be wrong. Do you know for sure that the tank has to come out? It seems the type of ski would be good info to start with wouldn't it?

David

agree totally dont be to quick to jump in as it is a 250x remove the fuel pump assembly and you will get it out with ease first remove upper shrouds from your ski then undo and turn glove compartment to the side this will give all the access you need shouldn't take more than 20mins before removing pump assembly make a mark on the fuel tank so as you reinstall in same direction as outlet (this will keep the pickup in the right direction and the float arm) you have to twist as you remove because of the float assembly. also by leaving the spout in it may eventually damage your float level gauge. excellent advise fit the deep fuel pick up whilst your at it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    I would think that gas would breakdown the plastic over time. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't know for sure
    oh shit i hope the gas dont break down our plastic fuel tanks (one advantage we would never run out of fuel we could just fill the hull up)

Thread Information