Max RPM 5900 after caspsizing???

After capsizing an MSX150 and getting it right side up (rolled the correct way) after one minute, it starts and runs but will not exceed 5900 RPM without any warning lights or anything. Help please.

+1
    There is a lot written on this subject.

Download the manual and once familiar where the sensors are located pull both the manifold pressure sensors and check the for oil contamination. Run the multimeter over the pins and make sure they meet specifications. If you have oil bad oil contamination you may have to remove your inter cooler and flush it out. Difficult but it can be removed through the front.

Try this http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94484
    And ph2ocraft's site for some good information on the MSX's http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...llery/album96/

+1

Post hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    There is a lot written on this subject.

Download the manual and once familiar where the sensors are located pull both the manifold pressure sensors and check the for oil contamination. Run the multimeter over the pins and make sure they meet specifications. If you have oil bad oil contamination you may have to remove your inter coolper and flush it out. Difficult but it can be removed through the front.

I just installed cooler from the tank side and its pretty straight forward. Just remember to remove the lock nut on the steering assembly or you WILL brake the steering hub. Follow the directions in the tech section to the letter and you'll be done in a couple of hours. Be sure to check for oil contamination first.
    Good Luck

Try this http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94484
    And ph2ocraft's site for some good information on the MSX's http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...llery/album96/

+1
    I'm on my I-phone so you'll have to search for my reply and I'll have to get better with this thing. LOL

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

I pulled the map sensor tonight to see what it looked like. It was covered in a cream type stuff that looked like hand lotion. I am assuming now that it is covered in an mixture of oil and water residue. I cleaned the sensor using brake cleaner and reinstalled. I also checked the hose leading out of the intercooler to see how much oil was in it. There was very little residue in the hose, not really enough for me to think it would recontaminate the sensors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that now that the sensor is clean that it will spool up. I'm going to take it to the lake in the morning and see if it will get over 5900 RPM. Anyone gone this route with success?

Any Updates

Any updates on this, I am having the same problem?

FIXED IT !!!!!! Thank you all for your help !! Well with all your help, I started digging for the Throttle Body Isolator and in the process found one hose clamp missing and one hose almost completely off the turbo because the clamp slipped over the neck. I fixed both of these issues and the ski runs normal once again. Once again thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsscraig View Post
    FIXED IT !!!!!! Thank you all for your help !! Well with all your help, I started digging for the Throttle Body Isolator and in the process found one hose clamp missing and one hose almost completely off the turbo because the clamp slipped over the neck. I fixed both of these issues and the ski runs normal once again. Once again thank you all.
    Well not completely fixed. Ran great for a couple hours, then idle started surging from 1650 - 2100 RPM's and WOT would max out at 6000 RPM's. I am thinking maybe I did not get all my oil out of the intercooler. Pulled the MAP and BOOST sensor and they looked clean, no oil to be found. Reinstalled them and still same issues. Now I am stuck again. Closest place to clear my codes with a digitalwrench is 3 hours away. ARGHHH. Any more suggestions?

Thread Information