Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water in hull? (not much)

My wife posted in one of my post stating we get like 7 secs of drainage after about 4 hrs in the water. LOL

Its NOT NO 7 secs it MAYBE 2 secs of steady water then like another sec of light dribble . This is on the ramp were the ski is on a big incline.

Is that normal? Im told dont sweat it. ????

Also Whats involved in putting a bilge pump in? (spelled that wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by cmher18 View Post
    My wife posted in one of my post stating we get like 7 secs of drainage after about 4 hrs in the water. LOL

Its NOT NO 7 secs it MAYBE 2 secs of steady water then like another sec of light dribble . This is on the ramp were the ski is on a big incline.

Is that normal? Im told dont sweat it. ????

Also Whats involved in putting a bilge pump in? (spelled that wrong)
    Check out this thread in the How-To section. It has great instructions for putting a pump in.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Quote Originally Posted by paulthepwner View Post
    Check out this thread in the How-To section. It has great instructions for putting a pump in.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Sweet thanks. What about the 2 secs on water

+1
    2 sec of water is very little. dont worry about it, more importantly, once per ride, pop the seats while idling look down into the hull, make sure no water spraying around everywhere, loose hose clamp, bad carbon ring, malfunctioning siphon. all can be a source of water.
    as long as no leaks you are fine.
    bilge pump is nice but not a do or die add on, for most.
    of course soem will say they are absolutely necessary, however vast majority of skis dont have catastrophic leaks, and can be saved long before they sink.
    and 1 bilge pump isnt always enough to save a catastrophic leak either...
    some guys say you need 2...
    where does it end??
    a properly maintained ski wont ever have need of a bilge pump unless you are running severely rough conditions taking on tons of water from spray/waves. aka race like conditions.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    A little water is fine and expected.

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    2 sec of water is very little. dont worry about it, more importantly, once per ride, pop the seats while idling look down into the hull, make sure no water spraying around everywhere, loose hose clamp, bad carbon ring, malfunctioning siphon. all can be a source of water.
    of course soem will say they are absolutely necessary, however vast majority of skis dont have catastrophic leaks, and can be saved long before they sink.
    where does it end??
    a properly maintained ski wont ever have need of a bilge pump unless you are running severely rough conditions taking on tons of water from spray/waves. aka race like conditions.
    Or you have a T-X and the pump tunnel goes.

On another ski, cheap insurance. On a T-X, it's a must have item.

+1
    if anything big opens up, like a hole in the tunnel... a bilge pumps not gonna save you.

if anything big opens up, like a hole in the tunnel... a bilge pumps not gonna save you.

Thanks guys Ya I always get a little water but its like 2-3 secs but thats on the ramp pulling the drain plugs.

Thanks alot guys Im glad i found a GOOD tech forum

+1

Exclamation Opinions are like assholes ...everyone has one!

where does it end??
    lextoy, I have to disagree with this statement, "a properly maintained ski wont ever have need of a bilge pump unless you are running severely rough conditions taking on tons of water from spray/waves. aka race like conditions".

Many of us T-X owners have had tunnel cracks and flooding, NO FAULT of our own with brand new ski's and NO mods! I think most people on the Hulk site love this sport and "properly maintain" their ski's - period! Shit happens - some have hit submerged objects, had carbon rings fails, had exhaust seam welds split open, the list goes on.

Having a bilge pump just might save a life or a ski from sinking or give you just enough time to beach it before it sinks. It's is cheap insurance and piece of mind.

The bilge pump I put in at the 1 hour point saved my 5 hour T-X from sinking, allowing me to get it back to the ramp, and get my dealer to fix and repair it at his cost (about $1000).

As far as a few seconds of water draining out the drains, I agree No big deal, lots of turning and burning, having fun causes this to happen!

Ski SAFE!

+1
    ok properly maintained was not quite on the mark. sorry.
    i know there are lots of well maintained skis that have had problems/near sinkings or worse.
    however i for the vast majority of owners, maintenance of carbon seal and hoses is more important than a bilge pump. fixing problems before they sink your ski is the key to sucess, not surviving a near sinking. i have seen plenty of sunk skis/boats, some hadbilge pumps some didnt, in the sunken skis i saw , bilges would not have helped, it was owner neglect or stupidity, or catastrophic leak that bilge would not have saved.
    i'm not saying dont put in a bilge, by all means go ahead, but dont let it make you think its gonna save your AZZ, its not, you gotta know your ski inside and out, to save it in an emergency.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information