Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SO..... How fast is the new 255hp Speedster?

How much (if any) is the new 255hp speedster compared to the 215?

Anyone have one on GPS?

No verification via GPS, but had mine at 102 km/h a few weeks ago. With 3 in the boat, and full tank of full it will consistently exceed 95km/h.

So maybe around 3 mph faster than the 215. Thats not too bad

That would be alot more than 2mph faster..

Mine acording to the speedo reads 55-57mph i have confirmed it running 55-58mph depending on the conditions, once i ran 59mph with the current on the gps..

102 KMPH = 63mph.. thats at least 5mph faster

Quote Originally Posted by adrianlacy View Post
    No verification via GPS, but had mine at 102 km/h
    Without GPS its hard to judge. I have seen 65 mph on the speedo in my c180....at the same time my gps showed 49 mph

Speed

Wow.. It's hard to believe that there is that much of a difference between the speedo and a gps... Are you sure your speedo is calibrated correctly?
    I was really surprised this past weekend when I took out my 08' speedster w/ the 155n/a engine. It has about 20hrs on it and it hit 50 mph for the first time ever!! There were alot of boats out in the lake so the water was choppy and now I my back is soar and I'm bruised up here and there (hahaha!)

Dont get me wrong, most of the time its pretty close, only off 2-3 mph +/- . But sometimes???

Radar is the best way to get true #s, GPS is not as accurate as every one may think, and Speedo is least accurate of all. If you are pulling in 5 satellites on your GPS then you are close to accurate. Itís hard to compare whose running what unless the 2 boats are running together, The weather and conditions vary so much. Anything over 57 is going fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chico1 View Post
    Wow.. It's hard to believe that there is that much of a difference between the speedo and a gps... Are you sure your speedo is calibrated correctly?
    I was really surprised this past weekend when I took out my 08' speedster w/ the 155n/a engine. It has about 20hrs on it and it hit 50 mph for the first time ever!! There were alot of boats out in the lake so the water was choppy and now I my back is soar and I'm bruised up here and there (hahaha!)
    my 150 with the 155hp tops out at 53mph on gps i was also beside my friends boat at the time and he has a $5000 garmin gps and his said 53mph aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    Radar is the best way to get true #s, GPS is not as accurate as every one may think, and Speedo is least accurate of all. If you are pulling in 5 satellites on your GPS then you are close to accurate. Itís hard to compare whose running what unless the 2 boats are running together, The weather and conditions vary so much. Anything over 57 is going fast.
    Radar or GPS is accurate as long as you run both with and against the current or wave flow. Otherwise all you are measuring is your speed relative to the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information