+1

Riva ECU and ET 137/Riva X upgrade wheel?

Just curious if anyone else is running an upgraded impeller wheel in their X charger SC housing, with a Riva ECU and 50 lb injectors on a non-X Ski? I have yet to run mine on the water, but switched back from 55 lb injectors to the 50 lbs injectors since it seemed so rich at idle. I finally did a quick water test today, had to fix a couple minor things and hope to be on the water this weekend.

I have an AFR meter to hook up, but was wondering if anybody else had any input on a non-X ski with Riva ECU, 50s, Riva rear air, GH box and upgraded X wheel? I am hoping for 82-83 mph with this setup, it sounds great, but was wondering if anybody has measured AFR on this setup.

+1
    I don't have any help but looking forward to your testing. I was running 50,s with riva ecu and 2 rude with RRFPR and walbro pump. I can't see why you should be in any danger with that setup. you will know right away with your LM-1.I am interested in your tunning, as I would like to drop a whell and cover with reflash ecu on T-X. STSPerformance is running 50,s reflash ecu,s RRFPR with 2Rude on T- X. Vern, the only thing I can see is if you were to run in cool weather. I know you know, but a RRFPR would make those 50,s work with no problem.

Vern - a friend of mine has an '08 p and is running a riva ecu, springs, 50's, 15/22r and 4" air along with the et137. I just ran with him TODAY (monday actually) and in mid 70 degree temps his afr was 12.4-12.6 @ 83.4 best @ 8540-8560. It was a low humidity day and although the a/f was a tad lean by forum numbers, he has been running that way for a while. Successfully. No rrfpr.

Where oh where is freakin' summer?

(btw: I could pull him with my 140 x boat from a dig and from a 30,60 roll, but top-end was close!)

Hope this helps.
    Brendan

+1
    Awesome, thanks Brendan! That does help a lot ... I will run the first tank of partly old gas out gently, then put in a full tank of fresh 93 octane and check my AFR. If I am running similar numbers, I might then swap in the 55s just to be safe ...

Summmer ... we finally had an 80 degree day yesterday, so I think we are getting there! Summer has really started slow up here, last Sunday was really the first nice day for being on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Summmer ... we finally had an 80 degree day yesterday, so I think we are getting there! Summer has really started slow up here, last Sunday was really the first nice day for being on the water.
    Ya, I got to finally test my PX out both days Sunday and Monday all the other days have been too cold.

Let me know how things go.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    Where oh where is freakin' summer?
    I'll send you some of the 105 Degree heat index weather we've had for the last week, that should summer you right up!! I'm dealing with a 500 RPM swing due to weather

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I'll send you some of the 105 Degree heat index weather we've had for the last week, that should summer you right up!! I'm dealing with a 500 RPM swing due to weather

No thanks. 85 would be fine. We would melt with that kinda stuff! Plus I would go nuts dropping only 200rrrr's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Awesome, thanks Brendan! That does help a lot ... I will run the first tank of partly old gas out gently, then put in a full tank of fresh 93 octane and check my AFR. If I am running similar numbers, I might then swap in the 55s just to be safe ...

Glad to help Vern.

BTW - you know you should just bite the bullet and get the damn rrfpr. 55's are a band aid for the riva ecu and you know it. Muddy bottom end.

+1
    Yeah, yeah, I know! Its funny, but I am resisting the RRFPR ... want to keep things simple, which is why I did not go crazy with a big SC either. Thing is, if I do the RRFPR I am also tempted to just go all the way and do the Walbro too ... but for the boost I will be running it would be overkill. For some reason messing with installing a RRFPR and new fuel pump is something I don't wanna do ... but I have done far worse jobs. How tough is it to do the fuel pump? Gotta admit I would also look very hard at getting Rad4 top hat with dual lines, and then do a full return fuel rail too ...

Brendan, what nozzle is your friend running on his P? I have a slightly pitched up 15/20 and 80, 81.5 and stock nozzles to mess with ... but no 15/22 yet.

Darren, I sure hope the rest of our summer gets better weather-wise! Crappy so far ... keep us posted on your ski ... sounds verrry interesting!!

The '08 p runs an 83mm. I'm pretty sure the 15/22 in it is lightened up a little. Not sure of how much though.

As far as the rrfpr goes, the older (pre 08's) are not hard to do. The 08's require some drilling. I haven't done a Walbro or care to go in that direction.

Thread Information