Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Best place to buy wear ring?

    For a SL1080. Any suggestions? Also, are the pumps/props different between the 780 and 1080?

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    What are you looking for?

    New, used, aluminum or stainless?

    Now such thing as a Polaris 1080, there's the 1050. FYI

    Pumps are the same, except the 1050 may have a SS 6 vane pump, while the 780 uses a 5 vane aluminum one.

    Yes the impellers are different.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    What are you looking for?

    New, used, aluminum or stainless?

    Now such thing as a Polaris 1080, there's the 1050. FYI

    Pumps are the same, except the 1050 may have a SS 6 vane pump, while the 780 uses a 5 vane aluminum one.

    Yes the impellers are different.

    My bad, yes 1050. I'm new to Polaris forgive my ignorance... Can you tell me what the difference between them? And possibly the best/cheapest place to purchase them. I think it might have been a 750 actually, does the 750 have the 5 vane aluminum pump as well? I would assume the prop is probably going to pitched quite a bit less due to the difference in hp.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    For a SL1080. Any suggestions? Also, are the pumps/props different between the 780 and 1080?
    Are you replacing both the wear ring and the impeller on the same SL1050?

    For good used parts, send an email to John Zigler.

    For other parts sources, click here.

    Unless your engine has been modified for more power, you should be looking for the stock impeller, or an aftermarket impeller designed for the 1050 engine power.

    You can check the part numbers on the Polaris parts reference web site.

    Extended pump wear rings (does your SL1050 model have the 4 inch pump extension ring?) exist in aluminum and SS. SS is better, if you can find one.

    Is your current jet pump stator a five blade aluminum or 6 blade SS? The better performance part is the Stainless Steel six blade stator. There are also 7, 8 and 12 blade SS stators, but they tend to be rare.

    Most models prior to 1997 have the aluminum stator.

    If you have the jet pump apart, now might be a good time to replace the seals and bearings in the stator. The parts are not expensive, and a bearing failure can easily damage your new impeller.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Are you replacing both the wear ring and the impeller on the same SL1050?

    For good used parts, send an email to John Zigler.

    For other parts sources, click here.

    Unless your engine has been modified for more power, you should be looking for the stock impeller, or an aftermarket impeller designed for the 1050 engine power.

    You can check the part numbers on the Polaris parts reference web site.

    Extended pump wear rings (does your SL1050 model have the 4 inch pump extension ring?) exist in aluminum and SS. SS is better, if you can find one.

    Is your current jet pump stator a five blade aluminum or 6 blade SS? The better performance part is the Stainless Steel six blade stator. There are also 7, 8 and 12 blade SS stators, but they tend to be rare.

    Most models prior to 1997 have the aluminum stator.

    If you have the jet pump apart, now might be a good time to replace the seals and bearings in the stator. The parts are not expensive, and a bearing failure can easily damage your new impeller.
    Checked last night, the current pump is a 5 blade Al. The bike is stock, not sure how to tell if the it has a 4 in pump extension ring? The pump is considerable longer than my XP's though if that's any help. Do the wear rings for these typically run 150+? How do these bikes respond to non swirl type impellers?

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,591
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    Checked last night, the current pump is a 5 blade Al. The bike is stock, not sure how to tell if the it has a 4 in pump extension ring?

    ...Do the wear rings for these typically run 150+?...
    You can see the Polaris parts diagrams here.

    1997 SL1050 jet pump diagram attached below.
    Extension ring (also the wear ring) is item 13.

    Unless rocks or other foreign material goes through the pump, the wear rings can last a long time. If the impeller has been rubbing on the wear ring, that can cause damage to the ring diameter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4097%5C4097B003.gif 
Views:	108 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	137431  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best place to buy an 800cc crank
    By KevinS in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:39 PM
  2. Where is the best place to buy kill switch
    By jeeprunnr in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
  3. Where is the best place to buy Yamaha OEM parts?
    By Fandini in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:57 PM
  4. Where is the best place to buy a BEST extended warrantee
    By rxtscott in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
  5. Best place to buy new ECU?
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •