Dock Questions...

I want to store my RXP at a friends summer cottage along the river for the season, but I have a question on how to secure it to the dock. He has a standard 16x4 floating dock in 5ft deep water, and he told me to just tie the bow eye to the dock cleat and drop a sand bag anchor from the stern. I've seen others do this, but I don't want my ski to rotate or slip under the dock and get scratched. The water is fairly calm, and the ski will be left there unattended for long periods of time throughout the week. Any suggestions? I'm used to the drive-on style docks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grober02 View Post
    I want to store my RXP at a friends summer cottage along the river for the season, but I have a question on how to secure it to the dock. He has a standard 16x4 floating dock in 5ft deep water, and he told me to just tie the bow eye to the dock cleat and drop a sand bag anchor from the stern. I've seen others do this, but I don't want my ski to rotate or slip under the dock and get scratched. The water is fairly calm, and the ski will be left there unattended for long periods of time throughout the week. Any suggestions? I'm used to the drive-on style docks...

buy a drive on dock or leave it on the trailer. you shouldnt leave it in the water. You dont have a bilge pump and if you did i still dont advise it. If you get a leak it will be on the bottom when you get there.

if you leave it in the water for long periods, defiantly get a lift so you don't have to check on it, even one of the normal boat lifts you can find cheap on craigslist, and it sure is cheap insurance and beats cleaning the bottom of the ski off all the time.

Thread Information