95 raider bogging

Hey guys, I need some help!! I took out my raider this weekend to the beach and it was bogging immediately after hitting the throttle. I I let go and hit it again it would run fine. Could this have anything to do with the Low/High speed screws?

I just had the carbs (Mikuni) rebuilt but dont think the mecahnic adjusted them.

I have not changed the fuel filter in years, so Im not sure if that can also be the problem.

I ran it this past weekend for a couple of hours and it ran good except for the little bogging it was doing. Also, It felt like it had a fast idle. I also went from injector to premix and running at 50:1, shoul I be running something else?

Oh, I changed the the flame arrestors and got the Riva Power Filters (Conned) and carb adaptors for it. (Riva)

Can anyone provide their opinion on this issue that Im having. Anything will be appreciated!!!

Thx

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    Might want to take this to the old school ski discussion. They can probably help you more.

To help a little. If you just started it up and let it idle for a minute, it will do that still. These engines are cold blooded. Give it half throttle for a little bit and pull the trigger after a while until the motor warms up and off you go. Mine, and most others are the same way. Don't expect to turn it on and gun it...even if you have been running it all day and let it sit for a couple minutes.

Does that also from water filling up in the water box and it needs to push all that out. Basic stuff. From the way you put it thats what it sounds like but I don't know...could be more than that.

This should really be moved to old school discussion too.

Quote Originally Posted by codemanrose View Post
    Might want to take this to the old school ski discussion. They can probably help you more.

To help a little. If you just started it up and let it idle for a minute, it will do that still. These engines are cold blooded. Give it half throttle for a little bit and pull the trigger after a while until the motor warms up and off you go. Mine, and most others are the same way. Don't expect to turn it on and gun it...even if you have been running it all day and let it sit for a couple minutes.

Does that also from water filling up in the water box and it needs to push all that out. Basic stuff. From the way you put it thats what it sounds like but I don't know...could be more than that.

This should really be moved to old school discussion too.
    Thanks Codeman, I thinks it's already in the old school discussion. So do you think the low/high speed and idle screws may need to be adjusted? I did mess around with them a little and think that may be the problem.

Thread Information