Polaris genesis ficht 99 troubles

Hello everyone.
    I have polaris genesis ficht 99 and some big troubles with it. There was no spark, but I found the capacitor is broken. What is the capacity of it? 39F? would it be too much if I replace it with 42F capacitor?
    Another problem is fuel injecting. EMM is sending signals, because if I put bulb on injector wires and crank, bulb is blinking. IF I supply 12V to injector it ,,clicks" it means it's also OK. but it's not injecting fuel through ,,end tip". Fuel pump seems to be working correctly. What could you say to solve my problem?
    BY the way. It's cranking even if lanyard key is not in place. It cranks, but then there is no spark. If lanyard is in, it cranks ant spark is OK. Where could be fail?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Click here for service manuals, and also click my signature links

The injectors don't work on 12 volts. They run at higher voltages.

The capacitor must be repaired before doing any other injector diagnostics. How did it get damaged?

The capacitor is rated at 39,000uF (not 39 Farads) and 63 volts.
    Click here for Polaris parts sources.
    For used parts, send an email to John Zigler

With a good capacitor in place, the injector voltage should jump to over 20 volts when the engine is cranking, and over 40 volts when the engine is running. Voltages are measured with all injectors connected.

On many Polaris models (but not all), it is normal for the engine to crank with the lanyard out, but no spark or fuel injection.

I cant tell how it got damaget. I bought that PWC with no spark problem. Sound while shaking capacitor seemed to be like rattle. I have put the capacitor of 3600uF and the spark appeared. I'm going to buy the new one right capacity capacitor.
    One more question. is there any place to buy injector ,,tip". I'm from lithuania so seller sould send it by mail.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreliukas View Post
    I cant tell how it got damaged. I bought that PWC with no spark problem. Sound while shaking capacitor seemed to be like rattle.

I have put the capacitor of 3600uF and the spark appeared. I'm going to buy the new one right capacity capacitor.

One more question. is there any place to buy injector ,,tip". I'm from Lithuania so seller should send it by mail.
    The Ficht fuel injection system uses matched injectors and EMM. You can not just change injector tips.

Each injector is flow mapped at the factory, and the EMM contains a separate flow data map for each injector.

You must also keep each injector on the cylinder it came from - do not move injectors around.

If you need to change an injector, you must also transfer the replacement injector data into the EMM. This requires special software.

Is there anything wrong with any of your injectors?

There is just missing one tip. seller tooked injector out and lost the tip somewhere

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreliukas View Post
    There is just missing one tip. seller took injector out and lost the tip somewhere
    Broken capacitor, injector tip missing

Is there anything more about this 1999 Genesis i that you could tell us?

Which cylinder has the missing injector tip?

The 1999 Ficht system is different from the 2000-2004 Ficht engines.
    1999 was the very first year for Polaris Ficht engines, and there were some things that Polaris changed and improved after 1999.

You have a couple of options;

1) You can buy a Polaris replacement injector kit. It would need to be the 1999 compatible kit.
    I do not know the part number for this kit.

There is another fuel injector replacement kit (Part number 2201875 / 2202190) that is sold for 2000-2004 engines, but is not meant for use with 1999 Ficht engines.

The replacement injector kits come with a computer disk that updates the EMM with the flow data for the new injector.

You would also need to buy or make the special communications cable to connect your computer to the PWC.

2) Or you can buy an entire used Ficht EMM plus three matching injectors, and replace the whole system.

3) Or you can take a risk, and purchase another used injector alone without the flow map data, and simply install it in your engine.
    There is a chance the engine will run lean on that cylinder, and cause piston damage.

Note:
    The 1999 Genesis Ficht also had a Service Bulletin issued for PTO head change (Kit PN 2201651), along with an EMM re-map ("to improve engine durability").
    Affected HIN numbers PLE00036G899 through PLE09946F999

This kit does NOT include a replacement injector.

I don't know if the actual part number for the replacement PTO Ficht cylinder head differed from the original (although I would expect so)

Click here for more Polaris Service Bulletins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6e57_1.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	137462  
    Last edited by K447; 07-30-2014 at 10:54 PM.

I know it will be hard to wake it from death, but I'l do everything to start it again.
    Do you know, how to make cable for connecting PWC to computer? Where could I find diagnostic software?

Thread Information