Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sealants for Jetworks + DPlate install?

Ok, so I will hopefully be installing my D-Plate, and Jetworks this weekend or next week and need to find out what sealants to use on the following -
    1.Thruhull fitting
    2.Brass elbows on pipe
    3.Pump strainer
    4.Pipe bolts
    5.D-Plate
    6."outter flange" (I'm not even sure what this is)

I think thats it I know that for the DPlate it says to use 1211, but can use something else if that is not avaiable? For the brass fitings and thruhull fitting I have heard using silicone sealant (3M 4200?), and for the pipe threadlocker.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleNurpleGPR
    Ok, so I will hopefully be installing my D-Plate, and Jetworks this weekend or next week and need to find out what sealants to use on the following -
    1.Thruhull fitting
    2.Brass elbows on pipe
    3.Pump strainer
    4.Pipe bolts
    5.D-Plate
    6."outter flange" (I'm not even sure what this is)

I think thats it I know that for the DPlate it says to use 1211, but can use something else if that is not avaiable? For the brass fitings and thruhull fitting I have heard using silicone sealant (3M 4200?), and for the pipe threadlocker.

1. Thruhull fitting I used a good silicone sealant... no problems. Some may have used the 3M 4200

2. Brass elbows. Teflon tape.

3. Pump strainer. The brass fitting uses teflon tape and the 10mm head 6m 1.0 pitch bolts use "blue" locktite.

4. All pipe bolts on the exhaust pipe uses 242 "blue" loctite. This is probably what is meant by the "outer flange". Also, you will need to remove other bolts which secure the pipe to the two cylinders (between the pipe and cylinders) and the stays which secure the pipe to the head.

5. The "D" plate has an aluminum gasket on each side of it that in my experience have been reuseable... no sealant has been required and can be put on dry.

If you wind up removing the stinger pipe completely, be sure to clean the rubber couplers and remove ALL of the oil residue. There is a lot of vibration here, and the pipe is prone to vibrating loose at these points causing serious problems. Secure the pipe bolts to the head and cylinders first then secure the S. Steel worm clamps on each side of the pipe tight. Keep in mind that you can cut into the rubber couplers if you over tighten.

Hope this helps.

I did mine EXACTLY like salty described his. Two years now I've been running the jetworks mod and the D and C plates with no problems. Salty was giving you important advice about not over tightening the rubber components, don't do it.

Dont I need a sealant on the D-Plate? In the instructions it says "1211". For the rubber couplers on the pipe, do I need to worry about them when installing these mods, or....?

+1
    I've never used 1211.... and pulled that pipe a few of times with no problems.

Just make sure that all of the rubber couplers are absolutely clean as well as the points on the pipe that they come in contact with.

I doubt that even from the factory that any sealant was used.

Ok thanx. If atleast one more person says that no sealant is needed for the D-Plate, then I guess Ill be saving the $15. Would the silicone for the thruhull fitting have to be "marine" (like 3M 4200) or can it be regular silicone?

+1
    Ok thanx. If atleast one more person says that no sealant is needed for the D-Plate, then I guess Ill be saving the $15. Would the silicone for the thruhull fitting have to be "marine" (like 3M 4200) or can it be regular silicone?
    I never have put sealant on my exhaust pipe either.

Exhaust pipe meaning D-Plate?

+1
    Exhaust pipe meaning D-Plate?
    Yuppers...

Hmm...OK thanx, on less thing I need to buy! I wonder why R/D and RIva have you spray seal it in the instructions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information