Is a 2.5 n/s to big for my riva gp1200?

When I went to rebuild my carbs the other day i noticed there was a 2.5 n/s in them with 120 pilot and 140 mains...cant remember the size of the spring...dave might remember though...he was there with me when i rebuilt them....but when i go to tune the lows on the trailer...i start out at 2 turns out and turn them in at 1/4 turn increments and see and increase in rpm like i should...once i got to a turn out the rpm was still rising but i went ahead and stopped truning anyways and took it out and it bogged on me out of the hole and even would die on me....so i turned the low speed adjustors out to 2 turns and no bog....this all makes no sense to me tho considering that i know i wasnt too lean at 1 espesically with 120 pilots on there

+1
    You want the lowest possible pop off that prevents the dribbling from the bomb site. If you noitce the dribbling, then you need to increase the pop off until then. The 2.5 needle is likely associated with a 115 gram spring. I'm running 95 gram springs with 2.0 N/S It's really based on what you need for the transition.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    You want the lowest possible pop off that prevents the dribbling from the bomb site. If you noitce the dribbling, then you need to increase the pop off until then. The 2.5 needle is likely associated with a 115 gram spring. I'm running 95 gram springs with 2.0 N/S It's really based on what you need for the transition.

M
    Well its not dribbling so i guess that means i should just leave it where it is at?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    Well its not dribbling so i guess that means i should just leave it where it is at?
    even in the water?

Thread Information