Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1

Pro 1200 Jetting

I am posting this for my friend who has a 2000 Pro 1200. He has a flame arrestor kit and a primer kit. I checked his piston wash the other day and noticed it didn't even have any wash at all! He also mentions that it has a hesitation off idle. The carbs have been rebuilt recently.

What would be the recommended jetting or screw adjustment for his ski? I am not familiar with the Klein carbs but I do understand they have only a low speed screw with low, mid, and high speed jets. As far as I know, it is all on the stock setting.

+1
    The stock specs are in the service manual,that's online,I'm not sure if the F/A's need a change in mixture.

Off idle bog, is the accelerator pump working ? You should see a spray from the brass fitting in each carb,when the throttle is floored,even when it is not running-it will squirt 2-3 times.

+1
    The accelerator pump will pump fuel even if the ski isn't running and sitting on the trailer?

Would an adjustment with his low speed screw maybe help get more fuel to the cylinders? Maybe even take care of his hesitation?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    The accelerator pump will pump fuel even if the ski isn't running and sitting on the trailer?
    Yes,the accel pump has a small resevoir,if it was full when shut off,you should get a couple squirts when not running.

Would an adjustment with his low speed screw maybe help get more fuel to the cylinders? Maybe even take care of his hesitation?
    It's possible.I would adjust the low screws according to plug condition. In my experience-if the accel pump isn't working,it will always hesitate

+1
    Anyone have any other hints? Since there is NO piston wash at all, would adjusting the low speed screw even help it at all?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

the gunk

i would imagin it still has the gray fuel line on it.if it does,replace all of it.almost sounds like the return orifice is clogged and all the fuel is pushing past the needles.that would create a way rich condition.the orifice is cast into the center carb.pull the return off the center carb,start it and look for fuel running out of the brass fitting.if its clogged the best way to clear it is the pull the carbs,remove the center carb metering block.using compressed air(about 100 psi),blow thru at the brass fitting,while your at it check each metering block screen for trash

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    i would imagin it still has the gray fuel line on it.if it does,replace all of it.almost sounds like the return orifice is clogged and all the fuel is pushing past the needles.that would create a way rich condition.the orifice is cast into the center carb.pull the return off the center carb,start it and look for fuel running out of the brass fitting.if its clogged the best way to clear it is the pull the carbs,remove the center carb metering block.using compressed air(about 100 psi),blow thru at the brass fitting,while your at it check each metering block screen for trash
    I will double check with my friend on the fuel lines. When I say there is no piston wash, I mean that it is running lean. The entire crown of the piston is black.

+1

wash

when you say no wash do you mean the piston tops are silver or black??

+1

black tops

okay i see your post after i did mine,doesn't sound like the returns clogged.at sea level or close with the chokes gone its probably lean on the mains.stock jetting is 140 mag,142 cen,135 pto.maybe go 145 mag,148 cen,140 pto,the hesitation could be directly related as well

here is stock settings from the 2000 service manual:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carbsettings.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	238336

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information