New BRP semi-syn ok for SC motors?

I went to the local dealer to buy oil for my RXT (2006 with steel washers) and they no longer carry mineral oil.....they told me that they put the synthetic in all seadoo motors regardless of sc or not (spoke directly to svc mgr and technician who both claimed no knowledge of why syn oil should not be used). I left without any oil from that dealer. They said that the semi-syn replaced the mineral oil from BRP. Can anyone confirm that it's ok to use this oil? Thanks.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by teeone View Post
    I went to the local dealer to buy oil for my RXT (2006 with steel washers) and they no longer carry mineral oil.....they told me that they put the synthetic in all seadoo motors regardless of sc or not (spoke directly to svc mgr and technician who both claimed no knowledge of why syn oil should not be used). I left without any oil from that dealer. They said that the semi-syn replaced the mineral oil from BRP. Can anyone confirm that it's ok to use this oil? Thanks.
    confirmed!!! The synthetic was really bad for the ceramic washers and since those are phased out, not sooo much important anymore..unless you have and '07 or older and I think even then, the new oil is OK.

A quality mineral oil from Advanced Auto(auto parts store) would be the better and cheaper route

Yep, the semi-synthetic oil is what they are selling now. I wonder who made it, because BRP sure didn't make it. Lowest bidder, I would guess, just like the hulls... Ron

Now I'm confuse I went the Brp Route not to worrie about the oil and now It might be cheaper, Any Good advice I just bough 3 Quarts for my oil change and i'm now wondering if I should take it back and buy Amsoil Marine or Motorcycle JASO MA

11/qrt

+1
    It's just personal preference. There is no issue with using BRP semi syn oil, but I prefer to use amsoil fully syn.

I still have Ceramic Wachers, and Although I allready bough the Riva Wachers, I'm Debating weather I should change the oil (XPS) and use it this weekend and then do the Wachers next Weekend, or should I do both using this XPS oil, Taking the Charger and Finding a Good Mechanic that Knows what he is doing and properly Torque the Charger Shaft is becoming a Pain, Most Local Mechanics just do the work but they dont pay attention to details, Like Keeping the area Clean of debri, be extra carefull with the bearing Needles, Torque the Chaft, Use Locktite where is needed etc.

Its an easy job just needs to be done super right otherwise could be costly.

Bottom Line IS the XPS Oil from BRP good for wet clutches ?
    Any Technical information that backs up this info.

The previous mineral oil seems was better studdied and more information was available. There is very little info on this new BRP oil other than is being sold by BRP

+1
    Get those washers out asap do not roll the dice and hope they will not break. Send the supercharger to Jerry then and have it done right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Get those washers out asap do not roll the dice and hope they will not break. Send the supercharger to Jerry then and have it done right.
    +1.
    And yes the xps semi syn oil is fine to use, BRP wouldn't be using it as the standard oil for the s/c crafts if it wasn't. Also any other jaso MA rated syn is fine to use.

Thread Information