Thread: sl 750 wont run

sl 750 wont run

i have a stock 1994 sl750. it ran last year, this year i replaced the reeds with boyesen reeds. now it starts right up and idles good. as soon as you take of it will start to dieout. adjusted on the low speed jets and was able to get it alittle better. then would loose power on the top end, tried to adjust high speed jets top end got better bottom end got worse.any help on settings or any thing else would be great

whats the history of the fuel system to the boat? when were the carbs rebuilt? the fuel pump rebuilt? updated 3 outlet fuel pump? inline fuel filter?

you have a fuel delivery problem..........mpst likely.

If you have no history of when this was done then you have to get all of this done. It'll just be a guessing game if not. And also your motor will can/will go kaboom......................................

Quote Originally Posted by dakota View Post
    i have a stock 1994 sl750. it ran last year, this year i replaced the reeds with boyesen reeds. now it starts right up and idles good. as soon as you take of it will start to dieout. adjusted on the low speed jets and was able to get it alittle better. then would loose power on the top end, tried to adjust high speed jets top end got better bottom end got worse.any help on settings or any thing else would be great
    I believe with boyesen reeds, the instructions say that their product tends to make the motor run slightly rich (doesnt make sense to me, but I took it into consideration). This may be what youre experiencing. When I installed mine, my hurricane 700 had a few issues, and Im still tweaking to find the sweet spot. First, turn your screws back to factory. Do a plug chop, and see what they look like. If this turns up inconclusive, pull the plugs, get a mini snake light and check piston wash. Good luck!

neither the fuel pump or the carbs were rebuilt. still has original fuel pump. inline filter was changed.
    where can i get an updated pump? is it oem or aftermarket?

neither the fuel pump or the carbs were rebuilt. still has original fuel pump. inline filter was changed.
    where can i get an updated pump? is it oem or aftermarket?
    Probably need to rebuild the carbs first then. Upgrade to triple outlet fuel pump, remove autocock if you have it. Replace the fuel lines, external and inside the fuel tank, and along the carb rack. Dont forget to remove and reinstall your fuel restrictor on the return line. All of this information can be found on this forum, as there really is a vast amount of knowledge on here!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    i have a stock 1994 sl750...
    Welcome to the Hulk

Click on the links below, and follow them to the Fuji engine page.

Polaris Service Manuals ==> Click here
    Useful Polaris PWC information ==> Click here

Appologizes for the last user title katz1002's Avatar

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    GH members have found the service and support from John Zigler to be exemplary.

The $30 price for the Mikuni upgrade fuel pump by itself and the $40 upgrade kit seem to be quite reasonable.

If you need other parts from his extensive inventory at the same time, it makes even more sense

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    ...In the kit, we include a NEW Mikuni triple outlet fuel pump, brass plugs, to cap off extra fuel lines, and clamps.

We do offer just the pump, for 30.00 + s&h, if people want it that way.

zig

Thread Information