Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GPRXP4ME budget build :):)

hello hello. well i couldnt resist!! a year back i had no clue what the 'conversion' section was. i read hydrojunkies build and was hooked! i cant tell you the last time i went through the seadoo section. with extremly minor mechanical background i knew i would have to do all my homework if i was ever to build one of these beasts! so im pretty sure ive been through every thread read the pros and cons of every setup. i dont know if i can actually build one but after all the reading i can sure as hell tell someone how to build one ha ha.

so the addiction grew and i saved up some denero. just this week i baught a hull of hydrojunkie, talk about a deal of a lifetime!! i got a 2500 hull with CF hood and seat and probably well in excess of 2500 worth of parts with it. This has given me a huge headstart and now the scary part i gotta put this sh*t together

as u can see it say BUDGET build.. well thats to please the girlfriend ha ha . budget meaning im only allowed to spend so much a week but hey, who said it wouldnt take 52 weeks to build! i know what i want not to sure how to get there but im sure ill do just find with the guidence of all you GPRXP 'Guru's... i ride in salt all day everday and if the chop is ever under 2 foot its considered a miracle. even though its rough they still have cc races so my priorites are as follows:
    1)Hookup
    2)holeshot
    3) SPPPEEEED!

im far from a pro so please throw you 2 cents in id love it! im sure this will change daily but my setup i think i need to run is:
    215 platform, moltec ecu, rude 2 charger, in-line FPR, big injectors, stock springs, les cook retainers, hydrojunkie headers open loop cooling seadoo setback pump

questions are: what valves incronal, les cook, fererra???
    any other sneaky interal work i should do or needs to be done?
    what interooler xs, riva, maybe malvins intake manifold/IC in one?!
    pump shoes mounting, trim tabs, intake, and ride details/setup for mad hookup (might beg WFO to be his next customer hear he does wicked rear-ends!)

im sure i will be saying it again, i cant sayt it enough thanks you thank you thank you for all the help so far (all the posts in all the other threads) and putting up with my questions and hickups that are sure too come.

so anyone got 2 cents on my setup so far?!?!

oh yea. my goal is 82-86 with exceptional hookup for when i hit our rough waters

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    welcome to the forum
    +1...no shortage of help here. Good luck with the build.

thanks guys hope to be building soon!

+1
    welcome.
    thread stickied.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    looking foward to seeing your build.welcome to the forum...

thanks for the warm welcome. cant wait to get building aswell but first i got to do some shopping!! id like to set up the rear first with all the goodies!

im quite comfortable with my engine setup but as for gpr handling i have NO knowlegde. any input on a rideplate, trim tab, pump shoe, transom,???

the only thing i know so far is that il be runnig a seadoo sb pump for hookup and leo's holeshot kit and need a whole lot of help with everythnig else!

thanks

+1
    well if your into handling....

pro shoe and grate, mech tabs, jims plate cut for the mech tabs. riva or beach house sponsons and an xlt nozzle. That should turn and burn with the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    well if your into handling....

pro shoe and grate, mech tabs, jims plate cut for the mech tabs. riva or beach house sponsons and an xlt nozzle. That should turn and burn with the best of them.

thanks definatly a god starting point. just did a search on mech tabs and i cant see why i wouldnt get them! better rough water handling. holeshot, and cornering sold
    anyone got em for sale?

jims plate i have read about and like. i believe he will give you a measurement for speed and one for hookup instead of getting 2 different plates.
    def need to pick one up!

last but not least pro shoe?? more details? how much speed will i lose if any and what are the benifits. if i get it do i have to run pro grate too? if so how does the pro grate do at say 90???

thanks for the help my parts list is getting confirmed

insanediego joe! thanks for the help everyone else seems so shy!?
    is this the pro shoe setup your talking about?? http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88776
    will the seadoo pump (with adapter) still fit with this aftermarket pump shoe and transom plate? thanks let me know if i need it ill send him a pm thanks!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information