Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why buy RXT-X vs RXT

I am looking to buy a new ski and am wondering why I would spend he extra money and get an RXT-X over an RXT. The only differences I can see between the two are as follows:

RXT-X - 255hp vs 215 for RXT
    This gives you better acceleration which I don't care so much about.
    Is the RXT just as fast as the RXT-X on the top end 67-68 mph stock ?

RXT-X has finger throttle and vts. Do you really need these ?
    RXT-X uses more fuel than the RXT.

Do both of them have ski eye hooks ? PDF brochure does not list one for the RXT-X

Is there anything else different between the RXT-X and RXT ?

Thanks

+1
    A few of my friends have bought the RXT-X and its totally different pwc. The difference that they have is not only better acceleration but also better top end. I personally own an RXP-X 2008 and before i had an RXP 2006 model. The finger throttle its a lot better and more comfortable than the thump throttle. Also, the stearing is better and you can feel the the ski more lighter as you turn.

The vts helps you adjust your riding to the water conditions. For example i ride in the sea and some time the water is not so calm. So if there are waves i can adjust the vts so that it wont bang so much as i ride. And it helps you turn more easily. Last summer i took for a ride the GTX limited and in rough water its a liitle bit better that the RXP or RXP-X cauase its heavier. But when i tried to take a sharp close turn it didn't allow me to do that or to play as much as my X.

Of course it the fuel consumption is more but the fun you gen from it is priceless! But if you want my opinion its depends on what kind of rider you are and what you want from the pwc. If you want to play a lot and also have one of the most powerfull engines then you get the RXT-X! But if you want to have a 3 seater which is also good and you want to go for just simple rides and does not consumes so much then you get the RXT.

If you want my advise test both and see which fits you more!

RXT-X - 255hp vs 215 for RXT
    This gives you better acceleration which I don't care so much about.
    Is the RXT just as fast as the RXT-X on the top end 67-68 mph stock ?
    All RXTs I've ridden with on my T-X have been slower top end than my T-X is. They're also, as you mention, not as fast out of the hole. Combine these 2 and there's really no comparison.

RXT-X has finger throttle and vts. Do you really need these ?

I like the finger throttle more than the thumb throttle. I feel that it doesn't tire my hand out as much.
    I really like the VTS. When you're riding 2up the ability to keep the bow down is a huge plus, and smooths out the ride a ton. Even by yourself, adjusting the trim/your position can be a big help.

RXT-X uses more fuel than the RXT.

If you don't ride at WOT all the time, and you probably won't, you can ride all day on a tank of fuel in the T-X

Do both of them have ski eye hooks ? PDF brochure does not list one for the RXT-X

Yes, but if you really want to pull skiiers you should consider getting a pylon.

Is there anything else different between the RXT-X and RXT ?

This is personal opinion for me, but I really like the X series bars over the regular bars. Other than the power aspect, that's the only real difference I see. I tend to like the color scheme of the X boats more than the regular boats too.

I hope that helps answer your questions. If the X model is out of your price range, the RXT is still a spectacular ski. The T-X is even better.

Paulthepwner, thanks for your comments.
    You mention that you can ride all day on the RXT-X if you are cruising. I find that hard to believe as I ride my 2003 4tech 185 hp at about 40mph and it is out of fuel in about 3.5 hrs. Given what the fuel mileage of the RXT-X is stated as in the Sea-Doo brochure, cruising at 35 mph, it will run out of fuel in 2.2 hours. The sea-doo brochure states that it gets 25.7 lph cruising at 35 mph and the tank is only 60 liters.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hancop View Post
    You mention that you can ride all day on the RXT-X if you are cruising. I find that hard to believe as I ride my 2003 4tech 185 hp at about 40mph and it is out of fuel in about 3.5 hrs. Given what the fuel mileage of the RXT-X is stated as in the Sea-Doo brochure, cruising at 35 mph, it will run out of fuel in 2.2 hours. The sea-doo brochure states that it gets 25.7 lph cruising at 35 mph and the tank is only 60 liters.
    I can only speak from my experiences with my RXPX which would be basically identical to the TX with fuel consumption.. But i can ride for 2 to 2.5 hours on a full tank, that is in the sea and normally quite choppy. It wouldnt last nearly as long on a lake.. It definately is a fuel guzzler. Having said that, the injectors are only 4lbs/hr larger so wouldnt be all that much worse than the RXT.

Quote Originally Posted by hancop View Post
    This past weekend I rode (with my girlfriend on the back) a 35 mile round trip, about half of it was at 55ish on flat water, and half was in the 30-40 range in chop, on a half a tank of fuel. We were out for almost 4 hours, though at least an hour of that was just hanging out on the beach or swimming.

When I ride by myself I ride like a bat out of hell, I usually get 2.5-3 hours to a tank of fuel with mostly WOT riding. When you're not in shape and used to riding, that amount of riding for that speed is nearly impossible to do, it will wear you out.

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    BECAUSE IT'S SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

A future RXT-X owner

I remember a difference...
    The RXT-X has no boarding step in the rear where as the RXT does. It's an optional add-on for the RXT-X.

+1
    Listen from what i understand and the rest of the guys you are not a speed addict so its better for you and basically for your pocket to get the RXT since you like just crusing rather than melting it down!!!! Sothe answer is obvious......

+1
    I had a RTX, I traded it in for a RXT-X, not fo the increased spped and as much, but for the VTS, finger throttle, and a FAR superior handle bar/controls set up. Another added thing is if you decide to do a couple of minor mods, you start releasing the beast, ie grate and a intake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information