Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    2008 vs 2009 RXT-X

    What is the difference between these ski's.
    The only thing I think is the hinged seat on the 2009 or does the 2008 have a hinged seat too.
    I have the option to buy a 2008 or 2009 model. The 2009 is only $1,000 more than the 2008.
    I am wondering which would be the better deal and the differences between the 2008 vs 2009.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    koftis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ATHENS
    Posts
    286
    +1
    15
    Mechaniccaly both of them are the same. The only difference is in the intake grate. The 2009 models RXP-X and RXT-X in the back it says RS which means that they have an improved intake grate. which is more or less like the RIVA one. So basically if you take the 2008 RXT-X and you put a Riva intake grate its the same as 2009 RXT-X. But i dont know if this is the case only for Europe and not for US.

  3. #3
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    I'd take the 08 and use the saved $1k for more "go fast" parts The ski's are identicle... even the color scheme

  4. #4
    Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of Amarillo TX
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    even the color scheme

    i thought they went with a hyperPINK with superduperpurple polkadots scheme on the 09s

  5. #5
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I'd take the 08 and use the saved $1k for more "go fast" parts The ski's are identicle... even the color scheme
    Ah man. You cant buy a MOTEC with only $1000 bucks!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    GTXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NW, GA
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by koftis View Post
    Mechaniccaly both of them are the same. The only difference is in the intake grate. The 2009 models RXP-X and RXT-X in the back it says RS which means that they have an improved intake grate. which is more or less like the RIVA one. So basically if you take the 2008 RXT-X and you put a Riva intake grate its the same as 2009 RXT-X. But i dont know if this is the case only for Europe and not for US.
    The RS is not available in the USA. same grate on 2009 as 2008 over here

  7. #7
    SeaGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, N.C.
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    2
    The 2009 won't depreciate as fast as the 08. The 08's have already lost 4k in value.

  8. #8
    Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North of Amarillo TX
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    The 2009 won't depreciate as fast as the 08. The 08's have already lost 4k in value.

    i called my bank just to see what the loan value on a leftover 08 model was, and they would loan over 7,785

  9. #9
    Moderator boataddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,822
    +1
    39
    The drive system is different. The pump, prop and driveshaft are not interchangeable.

  10. #10
    Moderator boataddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,822
    +1
    39
    Also:

    New fuel rail assembly, oil filter cover, new supercharger drive gear, new supercharger formed hose, exhaust outlet and rideplate screws.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sea Doo Wake, 2008 vs 2009? Any differences?
    By nater in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 01:53 PM
  2. Rings 2008 vs 2009
    By Amvegeta in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 12:41 AM
  3. Mistake to get a 2008 FX HO vs 2009 FX HO?
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 01:41 PM
  4. 2008 RXP-X vs 2009
    By Scud in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM
  5. 2008 Sea-Doo RXT 255 vs HSR Benelli S4 Turbo
    By GeoRXT in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •