Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bow spray

Bow spray

How do I cut down on bow spray? Jettrim? Let me know what worx.

Interested in this also...my 09 260 makes me want a mask and snorkel in anything more than moderate chop...

I have had 2 GPRs an RX an RXX and a SXR 800 and have ridden many other makes and models over the years and I dont remember ever getting sprayed in the face as bad as this...except maybe the old Wave Blasters!

I did a search and see that not everyone thinks that their skis spray that much maybe something is wrong with mine...I dunno...I hate the way that the Hydro Turf and Jettrim etc bow guard things look...but its bad enough that I would buy one....

I ride mine in some fairly heavy chop including whitecaps and almost never get wet. I don't even wear a wetsuit many times since I am dry when my ride is over. I mostly ride straight and hard

splash guard won't work. Ur getting spray over the hood. 2 degree wedge will get the nose up. Lighten up ur load in the front bucket and get a good pair of Jetski sunglasses. I suggest seaspecs.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Spin21 View Post
    splash guard won't work. Ur getting spray over the hood. 2 degree wedge will get the nose up. Lighten up ur load in the front bucket and get a good pair of Jetski sunglasses. I suggest seaspecs.com!
    Ive heard the same thing, splash guard sounds great but no one has come up with one that works.

I think you are right too about wedge and load in front bucket. Unfortunately, I usually have to run front heavy with all my gear.

I have to wear a wetsuit every time I ride. Even in the middle of summer, I can get bow spray to the face that leaves an ice cream headache. But for me, thats part of the fun.

The goggles/glasses are critical, however. Salt water blasting against my bare eyeballs in a 65 mph windtunnel is a no go.

Get used to it.
    Sea-specs or Oakley O2 are a must.

I thought the same thing when I got my ski. With a tank full of gas cutting through the chop this boat shovels a lot of water. After adding a pump wedge and ride plate on my boat it made a big difference. Before this the boat was not fun ride.

Smile

i dont get wet at all , un less i want to ,2008 250x.

i will be getting the ride plate and wedge...i ride with nothing in the front bucket at all

Easy solution

I ride in the Chesapeake Bay all of the time and it is always windy and at least 2-3ft waves every day. I get a ton of bow spray. My solution: stand up I spend over half of my time on the ski standing up, I just got used to it I guess. That's the only advice I can give.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information