Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bought jetski cash seller has not sent me title.. need help please!

I bought a 2006 kawasaki 15f for 4800 cash and payed the sellers loan off that he had for the jetski. The seller and i filled out a bill of sale and now i have been waiting a week and a half and i still have no title. Call the seller and he does not answer my calls, text him does not reply back to my text. What should i do? at the bottom of the bill of sale we added that he would fax me the confirmation that the loan was payed and to this day he has not done so. I call the lein holder and they tell me they can not speak to me that they can only speak to the seller. I dont know what to do? Did i loose all my money? do i now own a jetski without a title? what can i do about this.. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I had the same thing happen to me years ago. Bought ski from the brother of a friend. He never paid the loan off. I went to sell the ski and could not obtain the title because of the lien. I made the friend pay the ski off as I couldn't locate the brother. Always use a third party when a loan is involved. Pretty much you are screwed and should start legal measures immediately.

Do people really give 5K in cash to a stranger and walk away without a title?

PWC have very high default rates, be careful out there!

+1
    It takes forever for the bank to get him the title once paid off. It could be as simple as that. Now if he didn't pay it off that's a different story.

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    It takes forever for the bank to get him the title once paid off. It could be as simple as that. Now if he didn't pay it off that's a different story.
    +1 Most banks do not keep titles on hand for cars, PWC etc. as they have a holding house do this. It could take up to 2-3 weeks for it to clear and be sent to the seller who then has to get it to you. Keep calling and keep your cools so he will call you back. Good luck.

Moderated
    he should have signed it over and you paid the loan out yourself, leaving him any left overs.
    ''

thats how i did it with my 2006 gpr....nice and safe.

i checked mine on revs and the owner told me he owed X on it anyway so my transfer was to his finance company

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    he should have signed it over and you paid the loan out yourself, leaving him any left overs.
    ''

thats how i did it with my 2006 gpr....nice and safe.

i checked mine on revs and the owner told me he owed X on it anyway so my transfer was to his finance company
    In most states the Lien company holds the title. The only way for him to be able to sign it over to you is to have it paid off.

I do agree with the guy above who said it could take a while to see the title anyway, it took about a month for me to get the title for my pickup after I paid it off. I hope the seller in this case actually did pay it off and is waiting for the title, but it kinda sounds like he took off with the money

Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar
    The only right way to do this is to meet him at his bank with the cash.

+1
    I paid $6000 for my motorcycle and it took a little over a month for the guy to get the tittle from his bank. I wasn't worried, I knew it would take a while.
    You know where he lives don't you?

I bought my bike under similar conditions. I couldn't verify when he payed off his loan. The lien holder has 30 days or so to send out the title...after the paper work gets to the right desk. That's the key. I was losing my mind after 31 days of sale......finally got my displeasure through to the seller....then got it through to a manager at the loan company. Once the facts and dates were verified I had my title 3 days later.

You've got to get in touch with the seller.....even if you gotta do it in person. Once he understands the situation he will get in touch with the lein holder....or else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information