Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb more performance from my GSXltd 951

I have a 1999 GSX ltd that I just rebuilt the motor. with wiseco pistons @1.50 over. jetted carbs.. 167.5 & 85. highs out 1/2 turn, lows at 1 1/2 turns. prox arrestors. skat-trak 13/21. and last but not least a 97.5 white pipe. compression @ 163psi both cylinders with a snap-on, cold. now, this ski turned 7100rpm, at a speed of 62.7mph GPS. with a "Hell-of-a-Holeshot". I was looking at the jetworks exhaust upgrade kit. does anyone know if that was help me on the top end..?? thanks.

+1
    I would think a pump wedge and maybe another degree on the back edge of the prop (since you are pretty close to the Rev limiter) if you are looking for top end.

That is a good speed for that hull as it is. Good job.

+1
    Problem with exhaust kits is they dry out the pipe too much and melt shit.
    I'd leave the OEM on it and do like Krunch said to bump the back end of the prop. I personaly don't like the wedge on the GSXL hull as it's short enough to get WAYYY back on the seat and get speed when you need it. I also prefer the worx intake grate on the ski, which you might try before bending the prop. be sure to take out the intske grate bolts correctly and don;t break them.

TLR

+1
    That is what I get for staying up too late.

I thought it said GTX ltd.

Yeah, Tim is right, no wedge on that hull. That is still a decent speed, though.

you cold find an after market pipe like a coffman & pick up more power/ speed, repitch prop, fill it ride plate holes, clean up under side of hull , check the wear ring

Thumbs up what more can I do.?

Thanks gentlemen for your response. My brother-inlaw has the same ski, with a rossier setup. he's doing just over 65mph on a fresh rebuild, and he's still tuning. But he's also blew it up at least 5 times.. LOL. Just a couple weeks ago I was doing some gps runs, and on my way back a ultra 150 came along side and challenged a race, so I ran him. I got the holeshot and just walked away from him. about mid-lake I was 3 to 4 skis ahead and pullin.. I just want a reliable, but fast ski. Do you think that a water injection kit would give me a little more..? I know that if I do anything else to it, I will need to do something with my rev limiter. thanks for the knowlege fellas,

+1
    I answered your water injection kit question.

LOL, TLR

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    I answered your water injection kit question.

LOL, TLR
    Well, sort of. He asked if it would help him on top end and you said it'd melt shit.

So how about "it might maybe possibly a little, but it could melt shit." There now does that answer the question?

Thumbs up More Performance

Thanks Ziggy.. lol I'm not looking to become a racer.. I'm just a 47 year old that love to ride my Seadoo. sure, sometimes you might race a friend or someone at any givin' time. I'm not getting paid for this.. just like to have some good clean fun. so, I'm not sure if I would reach melting temps unless something else was going wrong. You should know in 30 seconds or less who's faster..

+1
    well, hard to get top end when your shit is melted, LOL

ok, heres the beef, the OEM water regualtor injects water at various rpms based on water pressure being fed to it via the pump, a very simple setup almost never fails unless you get heavy debris sucked up. as you go faster the regulator has a spring inside which restricts water flow and in essense will dry out the exhaust at top/upper rpms, But STILL injects good amounts to cool the system, and then when lower rpms are reached more water flows. With a water injection kit most are hard jetted given you 1 flow rate at all rpms, not a good mix for a recreational ski. when you run a hard jet ted setup you must run a seperate water filter/strainer or debris can clog the small carb jets it uses causing your shit to melt! A hard jet kit is going to give you "maybe" 50-100 more rpms but unless you have your prop/and pump nozzles tuned to use those rpms its worthless. I've run both and other crazy setups the OEM is hard to beat on a rec riding ski.

TLR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information