bought jetski cash seller has not sent me title.. need help please!

I bought a 2006 kawasaki 15f for 4800 cash and payed the sellers loan off that he had for the jetski. The seller and i filled out a bill of sale and now i have been waiting a week and a half and i still have no title. Call the seller and he does not answer my calls, text him does not reply back to my text. What should i do? at the bottom of the bill of sale we added that he would fax me the confirmation that the loan was payed and to this day he has not done so. I call the lein holder and they tell me they can not speak to me that they can only speak to the seller. I dont know what to do? Did i loose all my money? do i now own a jetski without a title? what can i do about this.. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated

+1
    Not sure how things work where your located. In KS you don't need a title, you need the registration in your name. My 15F has no title, I just took my bill of sale a boat dealer and they registered it in my name. Contact your state dept. of wildlife & parks. They should be able to help you.

no title

here in new york you crack his head open with a bat and he will give you the f in title

show up at his house, call the police, and if that doesn't work do what stevmotox said. i dont see what prevented you from getting the title when you picked the ski up.

im from NY also and titles aren't issued to boats under 12 feet or something

+1
    It takes time to get the title transferred.

That said, the proper way to buy anything that has a title and a lien is to accompany the seller to the bank and pay the bank, not the seller. The bank will release the lien and send the paperwork to the state.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    take note..ALWAYS get the title..if the bank owns it, there should be a lienholders notice on the title, the buyer gets the title(with the lein notice) the seller pays off the lien, the buyer gets a lein release notice from the bank and then the DMV issues a new title.

The seller spent your money on crack, go to a sporting good store and get a golf club ( not a putter either) ...much better then a ball bat. ( originally from Brooklyn ya-no)

easier to clean blood off and resell.

never pay for a vehicle in cash, unless you get a title in hand and it's a clean title with no erasures or other funny biz.

now it does take time for the title to clear and a new one issued. You said you paid the sellers loan..did you do that at the bank?..more details should be provided before you go on your golf date.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer10jun View Post
    I bought a 2006 kawasaki 15f for 4800 cash and payed the sellers loan off that he had for the jetski. The seller and i filled out a bill of sale and now i have been waiting a week and a half and i still have no title. Call the seller and he does not answer my calls, text him does not reply back to my text. What should i do? at the bottom of the bill of sale we added that he would fax me the confirmation that the loan was payed and to this day he has not done so. I call the lein holder and they tell me they can not speak to me that they can only speak to the seller. I dont know what to do? Did i loose all my money? do i now own a jetski without a title? what can i do about this.. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Surfer .. in some states ,, I don't know about yours, but some of them do not require a title. Simply send a COPY of your bill of sale in to file for the registeration. When you have that the state will run the background on it. If the former owner hasn't paid off the loan then the leinholder will know that he has sold it and go after him. You have proof of payment and the state will send you your sticker and numbers .. sometimes it can take 6 to 8 weeks .. depending on how your state is with issuing registerations. Relax .. send it off and wait .. You can still ride with the bill of sale .. just have the recipt of where you sent it in to the state showing you have paid to have the ski registered. and have fun.
    Last edited by STX-15FER; 06-21-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typo

Thread Information