Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304

    1 or 2 degree wedge ???

    07 Ultra 250x Riva ride plate, timing mod, (currently 1 degree wedge) BOV block off. As mentioned in other posts, the ski ran 71.2 mph on gps. I weigh roughly 170lbs.

    My question is....If I mainly ride in calm water to a slight chop, would I get more top speed from the 1 degree wedge or the 2 degree? I have the 1 on there now and the 2 that was given to me with the ski.

    Thanks again in advance for the input. Keith


  2. #2
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    07 Ultra 250x Riva ride plate, timing mod, (currently 1 degree wedge) BOV block off. As mentioned in other posts, the ski ran 71.2 mph on gps. I weigh roughly 170lbs.

    My question is....If I mainly ride in calm water to a slight chop, would I get more top speed from the 1 degree wedge or the 2 degree? I have the 1 on there now and the 2 that was given to me with the ski.

    Thanks again in advance for the input. Keith
    2 will be faster on the flat, but crap in the rough

    Waz

  3. #3
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304
    This may be a dumb question, but when you say it will be "crap in the rough", how rough are you talking. I'll probably be doing mostly river riding with occassional chop. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    2 will be faster on the flat, but crap in the rough

    Waz

  4. #4
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but when you say it will be "crap in the rough", how rough are you talking. I'll probably be doing mostly river riding with occassional chop. Thanks.
    2ft +

    but lake and river riding it will be Good, and a bit dryer ride too

  5. #5
    2005 RXT Red08Ultra250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dunedin, FL
    Posts
    908
    I run the two degree with rd plate. Mostly rougher water. It is drier, but handling gets a little squirely at high speed. It doesnt feel as hooked up as the one degree but I like the drier ride aspect.

  6. #6
    ksalles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Slidell, La.
    Posts
    1,786
    +1
    304
    Thanks.... Being I have the Riva ride plate, I wonder if it would be just as fast, or faster with the 1 degree wedge and me being approx 170lbs. I guess I'm just being lazy and the best way would be to put it on and find out for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    I run the two degree with rd plate. Mostly rougher water. It is drier, but handling gets a little squirely at high speed. It doesnt feel as hooked up as the one degree but I like the drier ride aspect.

  7. #7
    AaronC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    457
    +1
    4
    I notice the ski unhooks pretty easily in 1ft+ boat chop with the plate and 2* wedge. I use the 1* for all around or take it off when it's over 1ft boat cross chop slop.

  8. #8
    DWRAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    I notice the ski unhooks pretty easily in 1ft+ boat chop with the plate and 2* wedge. I use the 1* for all around or take it off when it's over 1ft boat cross chop slop.
    Do you take the Rive plate off or just the wedge?
    I have the Riva and at the local lake it does not do well but I am haeding to the river next week to see how it does there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva 2 degree or R&D 1 degree wedge P-X?
    By dave911rsr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. 2 Degree Wedge or Anti-Cavitation Cone by R&D
    By HYNES in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 10:19 AM
  3. 1 degree wedge or not?
    By xxxshowdownxxx in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:03 PM
  4. riva 2 degree wedge or r&d 2.5 degree?? any differences
    By CarFanatic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 07:29 AM
  5. To wedge or not to wedge
    By Phil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •