Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Still no spark

Still no spark

I replaced the rectifier on my 96 SLT700 and I still have no spark. Would the rectifier have anything to do with my no spark issue? It solved my bilige pump issue but still no spark.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Is the Red/Purple wire from the CDI connected to the Orange wires?

If yes, what is the voltage on the Orange wires while the engine is cranking?

Put one meter probe on the black wires, the other on Orange. Crank the engine, and note the lowest voltage shown.

If the CDI Red/Purple connects directly with all the other Red/Purple then put one meter probe on the black wires, the other on Red/Purple. Crank the engine, and note the lowest voltage shown.

I will have to go meter it in the morning and get back tommorow. Thanks

OK. I Metered the orange/black and it has 10.95 while cranking. Now when I metered the red/purple it had 12v not cranking. So I pulled the red/purple going to the cdi but it doesnt go to the cdi it goes to the reset switch which has a red wire on the other side that comes from the selenoid and has constant pwr. and from there it goes to a bullett connector whrere another goes to a gromet and to the stator I believe, And another red/purple wire goes to the cdi. So the red/purple going to the other ped/purples has constant pwr so if I put it with the org/blk it gives the bilige pump constant pwr. Am I doing something wrong? If I remove that red/purple from the other red/purples it wont crank. So I cant meter the red/purple while cranking because theres constant pwr.

Are the red/purples supposed to have constant pwr?

Am I suppoed to take the red/purple that comes from the cdi to the bullett connector and put that with the org/blk? Because I took the red/purple that comes from the breaker and moved it to the org/blk. Im starting to think that was wrong.

+1
    Put the wires back the way they were.
    The red/pur wires do have constant power. Some PWC had the CDI power wire come from the Orange (not orange/blk ) Don't worry about that now.

The red/pur that goes into the CDI is the wire you want to test for voltage when cranking.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post

The red/pur that goes into the CDI is the wire you want to test for voltage when cranking.
    So I pull the connector aprt and meter that red/purpe? Is that the red/purple that is supposed to be moved to te orange per the poaris service bullitin?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arsxlt View Post
    ...So I pulled the red/purple going to the cdi but it doesnt go to the cdi it goes to the reset switch which has a red wire on the other side that comes from the solenoid and has constant pwr. and from there it goes to a bullet connector where another goes to a grommet and to the stator I believe,
    What are you talking about?
    The Red/Purple wire for the CDI module comes right out of the molded body of the CDI.

And another red/purple wire goes to the cdi. So the red/purple going to the other ped/purples has constant pwr so if I put it with the org/blk it gives the bilige pump constant pwr.
    Who said anything about an Orange/Black wire?

Am I doing something wrong? If I remove that red/purple from the other red/purples it wont crank. So I cant meter the red/purple while cranking because theres constant pwr.
    Put the wires back the way they were, and start over.

I did not ask for any wires to be unplugged or moved. Just for certain wires/connections to be checked for voltage.

They are the way they were from factory. Iknow there was a service bullitin from polaris to move te red/purplefrom thecdi to tebilige pump wires. Shopuld I do this, If so Which wir do I move?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information