Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Im confused on Bilge pumps

Ok I did read the right ups. What pump should i get I know the 500gph Rule. But im getting 50/50 from guys on witch one to get. I know i want the auto one. But should i get the

Rule Mate were it has a float and you can wire it up auto/manual. That only comes on when the float raises.

Or get the one with the sensor that kicks on all the time? (2.5mins) im worried about it draining my battery and how do you keep it off when storing the ski?

What should i get.

Please help as im going in the morning to buy the Pump.

Also on my GTX 4 tec N/A I have to small holes looks like lines run to them from inside. there located right under the rail. Almost look like to small holes as if its like where you plug in head phones lol. What are they used for? they exit the side of the ski

+1
    Well, the two holes on the side are vents from the battery and gas tank, not head phone jacks!

I don't have a bilge pump yet, but I would say go with the one with the float. That way it stays off when you don't need it, not draining the battery. It might be a bit more expensive, but it seems like the right choice to me.

Like ranger said in his first sentence on his post, the 2 holes you see are vents for the battery and the fuel tank. As for the Bilge Pumps is concern, Don't get the one with a "float" because our skis bounce a lot here is some pictures for you. I have 3 bilge pumps on my RXP. They are all the same and all of them are wired and fused separately. since your in a hurry hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1309.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	486.6 KB 
ID:	137974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1283.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	670.3 KB 
ID:	137975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1285.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	612.0 KB 
ID:	137976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1513.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	552.7 KB 
ID:	137977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1515.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	550.0 KB 
ID:	137978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1519.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	137979  

There is a PWC version of Rule Mate that cycles every 20 seconds. This is better than 2.5 minutes. So it doesn 't run all the time wire a switch in the glove box to turn it off when not in the water. Turn it own when in the water and you're protected.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    See i actually took the time to read how the one with the built in float works and it's the way to go. The one with the float built in (i have 2) only comes on when the float is up for more than 2 seconds. In most riding conditions it won't be kicking on and off from bouncing. It comes on when the float switch has been up for more than 2 seconds and then it cycles for 15 seconds longer after water resistance is no longer present.

[quote=rangermtb5;1104959]Well, the two holes on the side are vents from the battery and gas tank, not head phone jacks!

I no there not head phone LOL But it best described them lol

Ok i started pulling stuff out to get to the bottom to mount the pump. I know i want to go to the back of the ski. But the only spots that have enough room are on a small slant. Will this be ok? Were the flat spots are i have a small black box looking thing with like 1/2 holes coming off on both sides. These hoses go to the back off the ski by the prop area. So will a small slant be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by cmher18 View Post
    Ok i started pulling stuff out to get to the bottom to mount the pump. I know i want to go to the back of the ski. But the only spots that have enough room are on a small slant. Will this be ok? Were the flat spots are i have a small black box looking thing with like 1/2 holes coming off on both sides. These hoses go to the back off the ski by the prop area. So will a small slant be ok?
    Sure, small slant is okay...many guys mount it where the oem depth finder goes, a round flat slanted spot to the left of the tunnel. The very best is in the far back where the bailers are but it's very hard to install back in there.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Like ranger said in his first sentence on his post, the 2 holes you see are vents for the battery and the fuel tank. As for the Bilge Pumps is concern, Don't get the one with a "float" because our skis bounce a lot here is some pictures for you. I have 3 bilge pumps on my RXP. They are all the same and all of them are wired and fused separately. since your in a hurry hope this helps
    ... You didn't do your homework on this one ...

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    See i actually took the time to read how the one with the built in float works and it's the way to go. The one with the float built in (i have 2) only comes on when the float is up for more than 2 seconds. In most riding conditions it won't be kicking on and off from bouncing. It comes on when the float switch has been up for more than 2 seconds and then it cycles for 15 seconds longer after water resistance is no longer present.
    Yep... Also when using this pump you can run the auto and ground leads right to the battery (with a fuse)... no need for bs switches. switches are just something more to worry about, and you don't want any worries when it comes to your pump (or pumps) working

I have the one with the built in float. It is the way to go. I have never seen it kick in from rough riding. Cycling every 2 minutes isn't that great, that is a long time for water to come in before you start working to get it out unless you have three). I am not looking for a pump to save me, but more to let me get back to shore. I do have mine wired to a switch, but you probably don't need a switch. I suggest running your power right to the battery like I did due to a suggestion on here. If you have an electrical problem with the ski, you don't want it to affect the pump functioning. I mounted my switch where Jammer did.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information