95 waveraider 1100 - No Compression

The cylinder closest to the rear of the bike has absolutely no compression. The other 2 cylinders are running 110 psi. What does this mean? I was told that I may need a piston and ring? When I took out the spark plug, they were all black and the last cylinder's spark plug had absolutely no gap. It was completely contacting the rest of the spark plug. What type expense am I looking at in terms of parts? How easy is it to get these parts and the best place to get them fromm too? Thanks for the help fellas.

Oh, before everything went bad......I beat a Honda 4 stroke badly.....an '04....Think it was a 1300......poor buy...he was sooooooo disappointed....lol....waveraider rules!!!

Newbie Rasta

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by o0 RASTA 0o View Post
    The cylinder closest to the rear of the bike has absolutely no compression. The other 2 cylinders are running 110 psi. What does this mean? I was told that I may need a piston and ring? When I took out the spark plug, they were all black and the last cylinder's spark plug had absolutely no gap. It was completely contacting the rest of the spark plug. What type expense am I looking at in terms of parts? How easy is it to get these parts and the best place to get them fromm too? Thanks for the help fellas.

Oh, before everything went bad......I beat a Honda 4 stroke badly.....an '04....Think it was a 1300......poor buy...he was sooooooo disappointed....lol....waveraider rules!!!

Newbie Rasta

If there is no gap at all....that could indicate you need a crank also. Sounds like a complete tear down ..new crank likely and a new top end. Basically your replacing the entire insides of the engine is my guess.

M

Thread Information