Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Performance Arguments

Thru the years many performance tips have been given in good faith, some work very well in any ski, some work depending on your setup.

Last week a performance tip was given, some saw results and some did not. By reading and talking to the people that tested it only a handful did it right there and then some others did it a day or 2 later. In order to confirm gains or losses the test must be done inmediately, that is the only way to see accurate results. Fuel level and engine operating temperature must be taken in consideration.

I have not done any testing on this particular tip but have been running my ski without the cone.

Why are some people who have not tested it themselves attacked those who did not get any positive results, as if they were insulting anyone??? Only those who have done the back to back to back testing know the actual results. There is no need to get hostile about this issue. Some new members will fear to post bcause they do not want to be ridicule about their findings

NUFF SAID!!

+1
    Fernando is right

Try it and find out.

I,m going to take mine off.

I see no need for it.

Aftermarket props are keyed on the inside stock props on the outside.

Spinning at severall thousand rpm verry little water will be able to enter the front of the impeller where you removed the cone.

The rubber cone just removes a few cc of water volume so your pumping slightly less water.

On the stock prop however there is a hex that will cause cavitation and slow you down.

So then you pump less water.

Im going to tweak my plate a little at the same time so I may or may not do back to back tests.

SCOTT........

+1
    i agree with that.

+1
    what were the results of this ? i cant find it....i would never have even considered taking off the nose cone...but if it helps to go fast im all for it..

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    I'm going to try it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r
    what were the results of this ? i cant find it....i would never have even considered taking off the nose cone...but if it helps to go fast im all for it..
    it may be different for everyone slightly. Jerry did it and found 0.7 Mph
    Others are smaller and some may come back to be more, but 0.7 was the original speed gain advertised. All depends on how you test it as nando says above in the first post.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Well It is some thing I have not tried. and the price is right. I seem to be stuck at 71.8 since the weather got warm. I always have My GPS with me and run against a RXP every weekend.

+1
    Heck, I can't ever keep my cone in place! Mine always walks up the shaft by about 6" no matter what I do.

+1
    Mine is staying on.

+1
    By reading and talking to the people that tested it only a handful did it right there and then some others did it a day or 2 later. In order to confirm gains or losses the test must be done inmediately, that is the only way to see accurate results. Fuel level and engine operating temperature must be taken in consideration.
    This is a good rule to follow for ANY performance mod or part that is being tested. Have yourself a good, safe test spot designated that is hopefully close to the ramp (in case you break or have to limp home) and that does not have a lot of boat traffic. Take your tools with you and perform your mods right there. This is where the term that you hear so often "back to back" comes from.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information