Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

@#&$#% Knock Sensor Error- HELP

So here is the scoop, its on a 04 RXP, I take the ski out and the 0326 error code pops up after hitting 5000rpm's. anyways I look up the code and its the knock sensor. So I do some research and find I need the updated wire harness for the 04 model. So I bring it to the dealer, tell them the scoop and they say yes, its common on the 04 . So they do the harness install, hook up BUDDS and clear the codes and reflash for the upgraded harness. They test everything else and its fine. So I bring it to the lake today, ride for about 5 mins and it says check engine AGAIN. Look at the code and its the same one. WTF??

So far I have had the codes cleared, the harness installed, the computer updated for the harness and the sensor checked which they said was ok

Does anyone have any ideas?? For the hell of it I was going to buy a new sensor and install it but cant find how to remove the sensor and if I would have to have the computer updated again for it or is it a plug and play kinda thing.

Thanks for any help!!

+1
    it is plug and play but the codes will be stored untill you get them cleared,the sensor is under the inlet manifold (on the block)its a bitch to get off if you have the oem manifold, i have the alloy manifold so its easy to remove the sensor without disturbing anything its only held on with a 13mm bolt head so if your plyable youll have no worries, dont let it stop you from useing your machine tho it will reset itself

PWGSX: I doubt the knock sensor is bad; but you never know. Here are some pics I dug up. Hope it helps.

Description on next post.

Brendan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0620092207a.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	138088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0620092207.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	138089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0620092210.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	138090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0620092212a.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	138091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0620092219.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	138092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0620092217.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	138093  

The first two pics show the knock sensor which is located under the intake manifold. The other pics show where knock sensor plugs into - the bottom plug to the left of the ecu. And finally there is a pic of one last plug under the manifold which needs to be carefully unclippped as you losen the manifold. Otherwise you will rip it right out. It is the blue wire which is one of the oil pressure sensors. DO NOT RIP IT OUT. It has a short amount of slack and can be troublesome. Work slowly and keep track of everything you pull out.

Good luck.

P.S. - IMO: go back to the f'n dealer and have them rev the damn ski up to 6k while on flush and let them spring for the knock sensor repair. Dealers suck - unless you know someone.

+1
    So if the sensor is not thought to be bad, what else can it be??I have also gone thru 4 tanks of 93 oct gas so its not the bad gas either. Funny thing is I was there when he was revving it up and no issue. I even started it up and did the same in the parking lot. It took about 5 mins on the lake for it to pop up again.

Thanks for the pics, I located where its at and by the looks of it, I can just unplug the wire connector going to it and then unscrew the sensor correct??

It's kind of hard to get a hex socket in there w/out removing the manifold. But if you're handy, then it isn't that bad. My wife is out with her girlfriends so I figured I would go digging for the pics. Nothing is more frustrating than no know ing your next move.

The knock sensor might only trigger under a load, so it might only happen while you're riding. I truly don't know. I know that some later '04's had the harness update already done. If that were the case then you might not have needed the harness wire at all. Maybe your knock sensor just went bad. (thinking out loud here).

Get another sensor just to be safe and try it again. Be sure the manifold seals up nice and flat to the head or you could have an air leak. The manifold connects by pushing the bottom end down first and then pressing the top half onto the intake chambers.

Oh btw - yes, you can unplug the connector by the ecu and then trace it down to the block and unscrew.

+1
    Ya that seems to be the case with it having to be on the water for it to flash. Man I really dont feel like removing the manifold so im going to try my best before making a bigger project and workin in 100 degree texas heat

Anyone know where I can get a NEW sensor for cheap and fast shipping??

Some dealers have them. I think they're like $30. PPG in Florida stocks everything, but they're not open til tues. 1-954-929-1636 ask for Armin and tell him Brendan said to give you a discount!

Brendan

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Sorry to somewhat hijack the thread but what would you say if you had the knock sensor code on a 06 GTX 155?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information