Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Straight Pipe mod!

Did my own straight pipe on the Kawi yesterday. At first I thought it was to loud but with the ski in the water its not bad at all. Its sounds soooo sick! Gets everyone asking questions about the ski. Not sure about Power gains and top speed yet. Adjusting the steering tomorrow am and going to GPS it again. It feels faster.............. ASK Spin. lololol hahaha

where did you get your str8 pipe from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan10s View Post
    Did my own straight pipe on the Kawi yesterday. At first I thought it was to loud but with the ski in the water its not bad at all. Its sounds soooo sick! Gets everyone asking questions about the ski. Not sure about Power gains and top speed yet. Adjusting the steering tomorrow am and going to GPS it again. It feels faster.............. ASK Spin. lololol hahaha

Well its not really a straight pipe. More like a U pipe. I did it at my shop. Took about 2hrs or so to make. Stupid design on this ski. 3in inlet to a 2in outlet. This is my temp setup for now. Im going to mod the stock box and put it in again then GPS the ski to see whats Better.

you probably got gain on hole shot and on mid-range :], when i had mine installed i ran against another ski just like mine and that was the ony difference, topend, was still the same :]

ohk thats kool
    IMO the u pipe would be better

Well its not really a straight pipe. More like a U pipe. I did it at my shop. Took about 2hrs or so to make. Stupid design on this ski. 3in inlet to a 2in outlet. This is my temp setup for now. Im going to mod the stock box and put it in again then GPS the ski to see whats Better.

I would sugest that if anyone else does this mod that you need to clear the ski out like it still has the water box. The U hold some water.

ohk but revving the engine while flushing ,,, wouldn't the pump bearings eventually get mashed up .. so i have heard

I would sugest that if anyone else does this mod that you need to clear the ski out like it still has the water box. The U hold some water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by colin_red250x View Post
    ohk but revving the engine while flushing ,,, wouldn't the pump bearings eventually get mashed up .. so i have heard
    we all rev our engines at the end of flushing this helps remove any excess water that is in the water boxes it has no effect on pump bearings mashing up.

Quote Originally Posted by colin_red250x View Post
    we all rev our engines at the end of flushing this helps remove any excess water that is in the water boxes it has no effect on pump bearings mashing up.
    +1
    my pump bearings didnt go... o_o
    colin where are you getting this information?

oyy well i gettin the wrong info oh well
    but how is the str8 pipe louder i mean i havent seen it but i would think the water box would be louder since its bigger

Quote Originally Posted by BluBerri#52 View Post
    +1
    my pump bearings didnt go... o_o
    colin where are you getting this information?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information