Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Got my new FZS today!

I picked up my new red FZS earlier today and I'm very excited about it..... I must have spent 2 hours just looking at it inside & out upon arriving home this afternoon. I even read the owner manual...... can't remember the last time I read an owner manual from A to Z! Tomorrow, I'll be out on the water to give it a first spin........

My previous ride was a 2004 Polaris turbocharged MSX150. It was a nice ski for the time. I was done doing development on it -- taking it from 59.7mph stock to 68.6mph with many mods and a reflashed ECU Eeprom for which I developped custom boost, fuel, timing & e-throttle load maps.... in addition to developping a serial communication protocol on K-Line.

A friend of mine bought a SHO last year and I had a chance to try it... ..... 2 minutes of seat time and I knew the SHO was going to be my next ski. I really liked the torque, the handling and the overall construction quality Yamaha is known for. I have spent a lot of time doing research on the forum because I was also considering The Ultra 260x. I must have read each and every discussion threads about the SHO and FZR/FZS..... .....you guys really sold the FZ to me with all the enthusiasm and positive comments. The only thing that made me hesitate was the stuffing issue which now seems to have been solved with a different grate.

Modding and wrenching is part of the fun for me. My short term plans include a C3 / Motec combo.... with the usual airflow & handling stuff. At first, last year, my objective was to extract the Eeprom image from the oem Yamaha ECU and work on identifying/customizing maps and developing a serial communication protocol.... but then came Motec which I know is state of the art. When I read about the success of the Motec platform, I knew it was not worth reinventing the wheel simply because of the massive development hours required to disassemble the code of an Eeprom memory, locate maps, tune, test..... tune again and test again! I've done this on turbochaged racing snowmobiles and, although worth it, it is more expensive than going for a top quality product such as Motec. Anyway.... my target is to setup for a consistent 78mph while maintaining reliability on pump gas. I'll be posting my initial GPS #'s in stock trim tomorrow.

This is a great forum and you are all very generous about sharing technical information and knowledge. Looking forward to a great ski and having fun riding and wrenching on it.... as well as sharing results, good or bad.

Congrats..
    looking forward to your comments too..
    btw, red or black did you picked?

red....it's in the post

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    ...My previous ride was a 2004 Polaris turbocharged MSX150. It was a nice ski for the time.

I was done doing development on it -- taking it from 59.7mph stock to 68.6mph with many mods and a reflashed ECU Eeprom for which I developed custom boost, fuel, timing & e-throttle load maps.... in addition to developing a serial communication protocol on K-Line...
    You will still be welcome on the Polaris side

It is refreshing to see the strong results of your efforts with the Weber engined MSX.

Don't be a stranger

Great choice you made the right decision!

+1
    K447.... I had 2 MSX and I kept one (the black/gray MXS150 with all the mods) for my son, so I'll still gladly be around with you guys on the Polaris forum. The new FZS is one very cool machine... could not resist!

+1
    Congrats on your new ski

+1
    Congratulations, I too have been considering the FZS I was very, very impressed on the dealer trial day ( I should never have tempted fate!) It will be a day though to see one of my MSX's roll out the drive.
    The lure of that acceleration and handling is very hard to shake.

+1
    Congratulations your going too love these machine they are such a joy too ride .... good luck with your new jetski

congrats!!

I personally cant wait to get my MSX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information