Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New to the Water Toy's

help please. xl1200 sorta almost sunk..

Sooo the jet ski I bought 8 days yes 8 days ago I took out today well I ride for like an hour then i go sit in this cove. An I notice my ski taken on water. So I jump off an check my drain plugs.

crap I took out my drain plugs out an never put em back in. Well I couldn't get it started soo .so I could get it on the trailer but nooo wouldn't start so my buddy tows me clear across the dam lake an I run as fast as. I can to get my truck an trailer before it starts to sink.

Welll I get the trailer in the water but wasent enough time. As when I get back to my ski the back end starts going down an the. Front goes skyward. We all do out best to keep it from doin this but .By this time its starts sinking an going skyward. an its sunk to the bars with teh front end in the ski. Luckily my buddy was able to tie it to his jet ski an pull it over to my trailer an was able to get it on the trailer open up the seat an its fulllll of water

I just let it drain took over 15 minuits driving down the road to drain out with a constant flow

It was all my fault for juist being a tard an being too excited to get out on the water.

So yea fml. I don't plan on trying to start it. Does any one have any recomendation as what to do. About gettin it startable. after i let it sit for a few hoiurs an try out i tryed to start it for a quik second an it jsut makes one clunk sound. it wont crank over. any advice on what to do.?
    the only time it was tryed to start with water in it was when i first noticed it an i trye to crank it for like 5 seconds tops.

this is my first jet ski so please be easy with the lingo as im new to this.

+1
    pull the spark plugs and try cranking it to get the water out of the cylinders. once you do this try and start it you need to get it running before it to late and the crank starts to rust. do a search there are more threads on this

New to the Water Toy's
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    pull the spark plugs and try cranking it to get the water out of the cylinders. once you do this try and start it you need to get it running before it to late and the crank starts to rust. do a search there are more threads on this
    i tryed but didnt find much information on this? mabey i am not looking in the right area?

also i tryd to get the plugs off but they wont budge they seem there on TIGHTTT any ideass?

+1

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 04SRTurbo View Post
    i tryed but didnt find much information on this? mabey i am not looking in the right area?

also i tryd to get the plugs off but they wont budge they seem there on TIGHTTT any ideass?

Put some muscle into it. Plugs suck some times to get off, I've broken a couple trying to get them off but they did finally come off.

You gotta get those plugs off and do what Bill said or you can just say goodbye to that motor.

New to the Water Toy's
    got the plugs off the cylender to the farthest back had alot of water in it the middle had some an the front had a little more then the middle after i get all the water out of the cylenders is there any other steps i need to do before tyrying to get it runnin 100%. like i sai dim ne wto jet skis an ide rather not blow this motor up from me not doing everything i need to do

+1
    the key is to get it running first and foremost, make sure you have cranked so that little to no water is coming out. then put the plugs back in and fore it run it on the hose for as long as possible to allow it to warm up. then after this pull the plugs and get some wd-40 down it you might just get lucky and save your motor.

New to the Water Toy's
    well i got all the water out(it only sputters a few drinks now when cranking) before it wouldnt crank. now itll crank fine but wont turn on. hmmm

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    maybe mix a little premix and put in each cyl to help it get started

+1
    Try new set of spark plugs, those plugs could be fouled

New to the Water Toy's
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    Try new set of spark plugs, those plugs could be fouled
    autoparts stores are closed..

but update to this after taking the plugs out an turning it over gettinall the water out, or so i thought. i put the plugs back on an crank it an taken them out to get mroe water out an then put em back in

did this process 10 or so times an then the ski fired right up. ran it only for afew seconds each time as i dont have the tool to hook up to the hose.

but so far after i let it run for 5 seconds shut it off an do this in 10 minuite intervalls everythgin seems to be doing good on the ski.

now i just need to do somethign called fogging? but the problem is the fogging oil uis at most autoparts stores which well is clsoed rigth now as its 1030 at night. any recomendations untill i can pick this stuff up in the morning?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information