Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

785 Pro, 780 & 750 Motor Parts

I have a set of 785 cases that have been ported. A rod bearing went out and put a small groove in the case, but I'm sure it can be cleaned up and will be fine, it's not cracked or broken. I don't know who did the porting. Also have a few cylinders that are good cores, have them replated and save a lot of $ over new. Lastly a head, one dome was beat up a bit by a piston skirt breaking.

Second I have 2 750 cylinders with heads, stock bore. No gouges, but a little pitting from sitting, they should be fine with a hone job $75 for the pair shipped.

FREE STUFF Last I have 1 780 crank for a core and 2 750 cranks for cores, you want em you can have them, just pay for shipping. Also a 780 cylinder that needs a sleeve free to good home.

Pm me with offers on the other stuff of if you want pictures.
    Last edited by CumminsAholic; 07-02-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Smile 1997 pro 785

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsAholic View Post
    I have a set of 785 cases that have been ported. A rod bearing went out and put a small groove in the case, but I'm sure it can be cleaned up and will be fine, it's not cracked or broken. I don't know who did the porting. Also have a few cylinders that are good cores, have them replated and save a lot of $ over new. Lastly a head, one dome was beat up a bit by a piston skirt breaking.

Second I have 2 750 cylinders with heads, stock bore. No gouges, but a little pitting from sitting, they should be fine with a hone job.

Last I have 1 780 crank for a core and 2 750 cranks for cores, you want em you can have them, just pay for shipping. Also a 780 cylinder that needs a sleeve free to good home.

Pm me with offers on the other stuff of if you want pictures.
    Hi will the 785 engine casings fit my 1997 pro ski? do you have the barrels to match the porting? any other parts?
    Thanks.

Yes, the cases will work on a 97 785 pro. No I don't have ported cylinders, the cases were ported in the reed cage area, not below the cylinder area, I can take some pics if you want, just pm me a e-mail address and what ya want pics of. I have a few other small parts I'll list once I get this last ski together, but not much more for a pro.

785 pr0

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsAholic View Post
    Yes, the cases will work on a 97 785 pro. No I don't have ported cylinders, the cases were ported in the reed cage area, not below the cylinder area, I can take some pics if you want, just pm me a e-mail address and what ya want pics of. I have a few other small parts I'll list once I get this last ski together, but not much more for a pro.
    Im not 100% sure what year my ski is, the underside is white and the top is red? Yes please send me pics of the casings so i can look into them?
    Do you have any idea on postage cost to England, Manchester?
    [email protected]
    Thank You. John

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by princy83 View Post
    Im not 100% sure what year my ski is, the underside is white and the top is red? ...
    Last two digits of the HIN number on the rear deck are the model year. If there is a sticker on the engine, it might have the year encoded.

1997 was the very first model year for the Pro 785 (called SLX Pro 785, or something like that).

There were changes for 1998 onwards, some of which should be applied to the 1997's

Exhaust water hose routing was an important change, I believe.

I'll get pics to you guys asap. Been getting home real late and haven't gotten a chance to take any pics. The cases are from a 98 I believe, I know they work with a 97 and 98. I believe they are the same throught all the 785's but can't tell you for sure. I guess the porting does go from the reed area to under the cylinders on the intake side too, You'll see in the pics.

OK. I have a couple more free parts to go along with the others. 750 reed cage, reeds are junk, cage and stops are ok. 750 / 780 Stator housing cover (outside cover).

I found a used piston with rings today for the 750 cylinders. I know a couple guys asked about them but wanted a piston too, so I do have one now.

Any chance you have 3 cylinder heads lying around for a 750? Also in need of the 6 bolts from the cooling rail if you have those as well...

Quote Originally Posted by kepneriphone View Post
    Any chance you have 3 cylinder heads lying around for a 750? Also in need of the 6 bolts from the cooling rail if you have those as well...
    Sorry, I only have 2 heads, but would like to keep them with the cylinders. I don't have the cooler rail bolts either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information