Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help quick...at the lake now

2006 rxp with the amsoil synthetic motor oil in it. Low on oil with gas station near by........ Can i add some regular oil in with the synthetic amsoil??

If so what weight??

Oil is at bot of the dip stick measurig mark not bottom of dip stick.

+1
    I use Amsoil! It is 10w-40 and yes you can add regular petroleum based oil to it, but obviousily not optimum.

Lesson learned, ALWAYS keep 2-3 extra qts of oil, tools, shop manual, etc. with you.

Hell, STSPerformance mounts his vice on his trailer to swap props - now that is smart planning ahead! You go guuuiiirrrrrlllllllll......

Always have a 1 litre bottle of the 'Doo oil under the rear storage seat in my "fourbi" too.

Not helping much now, but I agree. Just make sure its the same viscosity rating, and good quality as well.

+1
    You can run 10/40w castrol and i think would be ok.
    But since your going to mix oils i would change the oil soon if you mix. JMO

Thanks all.... We decided to just wait. The woman was getting cold.

I wanted to grab a quart and make sure that the motor wasn't eating oil since I filled it up when I put the motor back in, but I'm pretty sure that since the motor was pulled and flushed for supercharger failure that it just needed more than 4 quarts... hoping anyways!

Does anyone know if the new semi-synthetic for the 4tecs is the same as the castrol semi-synthetic? I have heard someone say before that it was. My dealer wants $12.00 a quart for the sea-doo oil. Highway robbery to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Don RXP View Post
    Does anyone know if the new semi-synthetic for the 4tecs is the same as the castrol semi-synthetic? I have heard someone say before that it was. My dealer wants $12.00 a quart for the sea-doo oil. Highway robbery to me!
    not to me I ask myself in 2004 if I can afford to buy a 10,000 $ RXP toy and afford it's habit of eating and changing and it's basic survival of staying alive to give me that speed pleasure of fun. Sea Doo Products all the way....ya can't go wrong. Lesson learned is, if ya can't afford a 10,000 + $$ toy.....then why even put yourself in that situation ..........Just my opinon in life

PS... Loaded up 2 quarts of Amsoil in the "if I'm F'D bucket"!

Don't waste your money on the SD oil..., fogging, motor, grease... whatever it is you can get the same stuff cheaper elsewhere.

Jammer... you work for Bombardier??

You sound like a guy I know.. factory SD trained and can't even change out a ride plate without breaking everything in sight! Guy preaches "OHHH- Only use SEADOO APPROVED" .... BLOW ME!!

Sorry.. had to vent- I know you're the shit Jamster!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    not to me I ask myself in 2004 if I can afford to buy a 10,000 $ RXP toy and afford it's habit of eating and changing and it's basic survival of staying alive to give me that speed pleasure of fun. Sea Doo Products all the way....ya can't go wrong. Lesson learned is, if ya can't afford a 10,000 + $$ toy.....then why even put yourself in that situation ..........Just my opinon in life

I was able to spin a rod bearing with brand new seadoo mineral oil so I was not too impressed with the stuff.

It was the 2nd week out on the new oil change and there it went. I am not blameing the oil but it sure did not seem to help me any.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I was able to spin a rod bearing with brand new seadoo mineral oil so I was not too impressed with the stuff.

It was the 2nd week out on the new oil change and there it went. I am not blameing the oil but it sure did not seem to help me any.
    so do you think another brand of oil could help? or maybe a bad part or maybe it was put on wrong? I got 200 + hours on my 2004 RXP. I did not cut corners Sea Doo parts all the way. Race it and abused it WOT how do you explain that....haven't opened up my motor. seal from the factory since production. whatcha think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information