Looking to buy a new yamaha jetski, need some questions answered please

I have the opportunity to buy a left over new 2007 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser for $7k. I'm not crazy about the cruiser seat (I could probably buy an aftermarket alternative seat?) and really have had my eye on the non-cruiser FX HO series the whole time. I've seen left over new 2008 FX HO's going for $9k. Is the NanoX hull of the 2008 worth the extra $2k or should I jump all over the 07 FX HO Cruiser deal?

Side note, I don't mind the few mph difference, I just want the best deal for my money...

Are there any known issues with the 07 model year to stay away from?

Thanks for any replies!

You should be able to get a 2008 HO for a little less than 8g. Dealers are selling 2008ís in the 8G range which should tell you that you can find it for less. More importantly than the Nano Hull is whether or not you would be able to purchase the extended warranty on a 2008 which in addition the newer engine makes the 08 more attractive. IMO, if the 2007 you are purchasing for 7K already has an extended warranty I think itís a fair deal. Without the option of an extended warranty I would hold off on purchasing. With the economy the way it is you should be able to find better deals. For example, I purchased a 2008 SHO Crusier with 40 hours for 8.8K including tax and it had the extended warranty.

Thanks for the reply, by extended warranty do you mean the +4 year Y.E.S warranty? The dealer quoted me $500-600 for it, don't they sell them cheaper on ebay?

Aren't the engines the same between 05-08 model years? The 07 is still crated and comes with the 1 year factory warranty, won't I have the option of picking up the extended 4 year plan because it's still new?

I've been looking online daily and the cheapest 08 FX HO I've seen is $9k and that has the latest Yamaha incentives already included.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    I have the opportunity to buy a left over new 2007 Yamaha FX HO Cruiser for $7k. I'm not crazy about the cruiser seat (I could probably buy an aftermarket alternative seat?) and really have had my eye on the non-cruiser FX HO series the whole time. I've seen left over new 2008 FX HO's going for $9k. Is the NanoX hull of the 2008 worth the extra $2k or should I jump all over the 07 FX HO Cruiser deal?

Side note, I don't mind the few mph difference, I just want the best deal for my money...

Are there any known issues with the 07 model year to stay away from?

Thanks for any replies!

good solid bike and the cruiser is prob your better option IMO because the other options u get with the cruiser are nice like the reboarding step..etc as far as the seat which is the worst part u buy u a aftermarket seat cover from Riva and have your nearest upholstery shop recover it for u and tell them just to cut down the humps and u have u a nice looking fx seat. i would say go with the 07 not really much diff until u get to the 09's

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, by extended warranty do you mean the +4 year Y.E.S warranty? The dealer quoted me $500-600 for it, don't they sell them cheaper on ebay?

Aren't the engines the same between 05-08 model years? The 07 is still crated and comes with the 1 year factory warranty, won't I have the option of picking up the extended 4 year plan because it's still new?

I've been looking online daily and the cheapest 08 FX HO I've seen is $9k and that has the latest Yamaha incentives already included.

I am not sure if the 07 has the same engine size as the 08. If the 07 is crated and comes with the factory warranty then the YES Warranty is probably available but you should call a Yamaha Dealer to find out. If itís legitimately crated I would say itís a good deal at 7K.

Thread Information