Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Price for SC washer change

Hi guys,
    I am new with jetski. I brought a new 2006 Seadoo GTX limited SC late last year at a local Seadoo dealer that he had leftover with ZERO hours.

I just got only 10 hours on the motor and had the local dealership did a 10 hour service.

Heard many Seadoo owners change that SC washer, so what price should I expect?

A local shop (Not the Seadoo dealer) quote me around $400.00 just to change the SC washer, does this sound kinda high?

I live in Sacramento, CA

Thanks,
    Ben

Yep, high....washers are only 109.00$
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=381

What we do is pull our own sc's and send to Jerry to install washers or rebuild. He still charges $50 to change washers plus shipping, I think. Pm Jerry for further info and you can save $200.

And yes, it's very important you replace the ceramics with metal washers as soon as you can...until then ride gently...

Thanks

But the price of $400.00 was for labor and SC washer included.

I am too new with Jet ski to mess with it.

I am trying to find a local shop that will do it for less and make sure it is done right

If you find a local shop you should go ahead and order the washers yourself and let the shop install them so you are only paying for labor. Get a price with you supplying the washers. Seadoo doesn't have metal washers for 06 models. The ones Jerry has are the best you can buy. Installation is straight forward and any good shop can do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by angel1 View Post
    But the price of $400.00 was for labor and SC washer included.

I am too new with Jet ski to mess with it.

I am trying to find a local shop that will do it for less and make sure it is done right
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post

What we do is pull our own sc's and send to Jerry to install washers or rebuild. He still charges $50 plus shipping, I think. Pm Jerry for further info and you can save $200.

And yes, it's very important you replace the ceramics with metal washers as soon as you can...until then ride gently...
    The washers are $109 and Jerry's labor is $75. You will need to contact Jerry for the SC removal wrench to remove the SC. It should only be a few dollars. Going this route will save you the $200 as Lafjax mentioned. Do yourself a favor and send it to Jerry! --J

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post

What we do is pull our own sc's and send to Jerry to install washers or rebuild. He still charges $50 to change washers plus shipping, I think. Pm Jerry for further info and you can save $200.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    The washers are $109 and Jerry's labor is $50. You will need to contact Jerry for the SC removal wrench to remove the SC. It should only be a few dollars. Going this route will save you the $200 as Lafjax mentioned. Do yourself a favor and send it to Jerry! --J

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

+1..You wont be disapointed

Anyone know the turnaround time? If i were to overnight the SC on Monday, would i be able to get it back by friday, if i paid for expedited shipping???

Thanks everyone for the advices

Thanks Everyone for the great advises......

I have no clue on how to nor want to do this task myself.

too scare to mess things up due to me a newbie and all with water-crafts

someone here PM me who is pretty close to where I lived offer his help
    05 limited~ Thanks bro for the help

once I get my hands on some metal washers, I will PM you and arrange for this install.....

I know Jerry's service is the best, but I just do not wish to pull the SC myself .......unless Jerry is coming to Northern Cali soon....hee...hee....
    Last edited by angel1; 06-22-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: add more comment

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT View Post
    Anyone know the turnaround time? If i were to overnight the SC on Monday, would i be able to get it back by friday, if i paid for expedited shipping???
    pm Jerry...He's very accommodating. He usually works them in 1 day and back to you the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by angel1 View Post
    Thanks Everyone for the great advises......

I have no clue on how to nor want to do this task myself.

too scare to mess things up due to me a newbie and all with water-crafts

someone here PM me who is pretty close to where I lived offer his help
    05 limited~ Thanks bro for the help

once I get my hands on some metal washers, I will PM you and arrange for this install.....

I know Jerry's service is the best, but I just do not wish to pull the SC myself .......unless Jerry is coming to Northern Cali soon....hee...hee....

Hate to say it, but if you can't remove 3 bolts, put the SC in a box and ship it to Jerry, then pay the $400 and hope for the best. Maybe someone local will help you out, then again, maybe they won't. What are you going to do when the ceramic bearing starts to leak and the ski takes on water?... Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information