Ultra 150 problems

Went to the river saturday,riding back to the boat ramp and my ski bogged down to idle only.
    Temp. gauge was reading hot.So i pulled to the bank and let cool down.Got back on and rode 1/2 mile and ski did the same thing.When i'm idleing after a minute the ski cools down enough to get back on plane ,but then gets hot and boggs down to idle.So i shut off and got tow back to ramp.

I did notice that the water coming out of the pissser was extremely hot and was not flowing out very well,

When i got home i pulled all the pissers to ckeck for blockage,none.
    I took off the elbow fittings to pisser hoses,no blockage.
    I pulled every hose regarding input or output of water,no blockage.

Would the pump bearings have anything to do with the overheating problems ? (55 hrs)
    What am i missing ?

Thanks Guys.

I would pull the pump and check the hole where water comes out of the stator section to the motor. It may have something stuck back there and you can check your pump bearings at the same time. Since you have an 04 you have the updated seals so they are probably ok. The water log would be the next stop.

Thanks Btldigger, I was hoping you would respond as you seem to be the most informative when it comes to the ultras.

Are there any gaskets i will need to replace when i take apart the pump?

I'm o.k. with tearing something apart and putting it back together as long as i have what i need right then.

The water log would be the next step?What do you mean?

Thanks again

Taking off the water log that distributes water to the 3 cylinders to be sure there are no obstructions. since you noticed reduced flow from the pissers that usually means its from the water log back. It take reduced flow through the exhaust to trip the temp sensor, also points backwards. You might need 3 water log gaskets if you have to pull it. You wont need anything to pull the pump other than some blue loctite. You might get away with pulling the water line off the water log and blowing compressed air into the hose that might clear whats in there.

The only hose i cannot get to w/o pulling motor is the approx. 1 in. hose from the back to under right side of motor.I took it off at the back and blew air thru with no obstructions.

If the pump bearings were bad would that make the water flow to the pissers reduce and make the engine run hot?

Because when it was at plane i could here a high pitched almost ringing sound coming from the back,but just thought it was because the engine was running hotter than normal.
    You know? Those little suttle engine sounds it has when its cold/warm/hot.

I'm gonna take off the pump to inspect this weekend.

Thanks again for any info.

Ive had bits of sealant from my rebuild/teflon tape make its way into my head fittings and clog my pisser lines.

I feel so much more calm riding when I see my triple pissers working.

Having these would allow you to make a split between head clog or other system clog.

Go for the triple pissers someday. Good luck

Thread Information