06-22-2009, 01:08 PM #1
Summer RPM's (How low is too low?)
I ran my ski in cooler weather a couple weeks ago and ran a constant 7150rpms on numerous outings. I then went up to Wisconsin last week and the weather was a little warmer and more humid and my rpms went down to 7050. My mods are listed below...
* I am starting to think I am a little shy on rpm's. Where is the dreaded detonation zone for max rpms?
* Ideal rpm's are ??? (7150-7200?)
* Should I keep the Solas concord 14/20 or go back to the 13/19? Any other prop suggestions are welcomed.
* Typically how many rpms are gained by going from an 85mm nozzle to an 87mm nozzle?
(not sure how many rpms I gained by boring out my 85mm nozzle to 86.8mm as I did this with a few other mods)
* (A question was PM'ed to me... Has anyone ever tuned there ski in the cooler weather with an 85mm nozzle and then just switched to an 87mm nozzle in warmer weather to make up the rpm loss?)
R&D ride plate (IR mod 4)
R&D Auto Drop Nozzle & stock steering nozzle (no difference in RPMS)
4 degree keyway
stock reeds and no stuffers
150 psi milled head
dumping 3rd cylinder water
Riva Free Flow
85mm nozzle bored to 86.8mm
old style pump with a IR 14/20 prop (measures 13/19 on my guage)
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM #2
06-22-2009, 03:08 PM #3
yes if you're rpms are too low you can detonate and you're overloading the motor. that's why it's critical to have your ski running in the power band usually around 7150-7250.
06-22-2009, 11:29 PM #4
06-28-2009, 04:38 PM #5
I am in the same situation...7050rpm is what I am hitting at max rpm...any quick tips to get the rpm up about 100 rpm?
06-28-2009, 07:41 PM #6
06-28-2009, 07:45 PM #7
06-28-2009, 07:47 PM #8
up here in MN we only have summer... how much change equals about 100rpm?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rcapone in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 81Last Post: 04-17-2013, 04:52 PM
By thomas loh in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM
By Robsauto2 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM
By shooter98xpl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 24Last Post: 12-17-2006, 08:42 PM
By 303RXP in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 08-26-2006, 08:41 PM