Thread: Oil Lines

Oil Lines

I have taken my carbs off for winter to get serviced etc and was wanting to replace the oil lines as two of them are brittle. When I measured them the two that are still in good condition measure 3mm I.D and 7mm O.D the brittle two unsure but looks like 1/8" I.D and 1/4" O.D

So I went into the parts website and sure enough Ptno 8450061-600 says 3mm x 7mm hose $32.00ea But ptno 8450061-54 is only $2.32ea but it only says that they are 54 cm long nothing about sizing.

I want to use the 3mm x 7mm hose because it seems to be nice and flexible with a good thick wall (2mm) and the retaining clips hold tight, can anyone tell me if the 2 hoses are the same size but just different lengths and priced way different because of the models they go on or are they completally different.

The exspensive one goes on the MSX 140 http://parts.polarisind.com/Advanced...sp?OperID=Main which I suspect the two hoses that are still good were the orignal ones before the Matrix conversion and the cheap ones go on 2003 Freedom's Virages http://parts.polarisind.com/Advanced...rchResults.asp

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I don't think you need to buy genuine Polaris oil hoses for your Matrix. I would expect you can source something similar locally.

The oil lines to the engine are 1/8" ID, and I measured my own Virage TXi oil hoses recently at 7mm outside diameter.

The oil hose from the tank is larger.

According to the parts diagram (which I see the attachments don't work that I put in) says they are 3mm inside which would make sense as the carbs are metric 1/8" is a little loose. 3mm x 7mm tubing is almost impossible to find and I have search the net from top to bottom.

What year is your Virage ? if the -54's are for that year and you say they are 7mm on the outside I'm in

The cheap ones are for PWC only and the others go on sno mobiles etc which makes me think that the parts have discontinued pricing.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by suparoo View Post
    According to the parts diagram... they are 3mm inside which would make sense as the carbs are metric 1/8" is a little loose. 3mm x 7mm tubing is almost impossible to find and I have search the net from top to bottom.

What year is your Virage ?
    If the -54's are for that year and you say they are 7mm on the outside I'm in...
    As best I can tell, the oil lines on my 2002 Virage TXi are 1/8" inside diameter, and 7mm outside diameter.

The oil nipple on the Ficht throttle body measures a little larger than 1/8 inch, so 3mm nipple sounds about right.

You can always use an oil hose with a different outer diameter, you just need to use clamps that match the hose diameter.

Thread Information