Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dealer documentation & Setup fees? just another way to make a profit?

Seriously, what's all involved in this charge? Sounds like BS to me...do most usually negotiate it out of their final deal?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    Seriously, what's all involved in this charge? Sounds like BS to me...do most usually negotiate it out of their final deal?
    I would like to know as well, I'm buying in the next 2 weeks.

You know its bull. I just finished talking to a guy from deland motorsports and they are advertising the FZR for $9,791.00 then he told me that I have to add freight $398.00 , assembly $298.00 , registration $249.00 + tax. Now it doesn't sound like a good deal. thats without the trailer. He gave me an out the door price of $12,591.00 with trailor. I think the way the economy is $10,400.00 otd with no trailer would be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    You know its bull. I just finished talking to a guy from deland motorsports and they are advertising the FZR for $9,791.00 then he told me that I have to add freight $398.00 , assembly $298.00 , registration $249.00 + tax. Now it doesn't sound like a good deal. thats without the trailer. He gave me an out the door price of $12,591.00 with trailor. I think the way the economy is $10,400.00 otd with no trailer would be pretty good.

Some sucker will pay it and they know it.

+1
    Dealer fees.........what a load.
    "dealer prep" and "destination fee".
    Can you imagine buying your groceries at Publix and them adding on $20-30 after your total was rung up because the truck had to deliver the stuff to the store and a stock clerk put it on the shelf? Thats the price of doing business.

Oh, and then they want to charge you out the rear for the 10 hr. service."To check the clamps and whatnot that they may have missed at the factory? If they do the dealer prep right,loose fittings shouldn't be an issue correct?

thats what i think!

Ya, it's all to pad the profit. Only negotiate Out The Door pricing, don't get caught up in all their bullshit charges.

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    Dealer fees.........what a load.
    "dealer prep" and "destination fee".
    Can you imagine buying your groceries at Publix and them adding on $20-30 after your total was rung up because the truck had to deliver the stuff to the store and a stock clerk put it on the shelf? Thats the price of doing business.

Oh, and then they want to charge you out the rear for the 10 hr. service."To check the clamps and whatnot that they may have missed at the factory? If they do the dealer prep right,loose fittings shouldn't be an issue correct?

thats what i think!

Point! I would be much more willing to take the ski to the dealer for a 10 hour oil change and check if all I had to pay for was oil. Since it is not that way, they will never see me. They should be wanting to check the ski for free if that was the real deal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Ya, it's all to pad the profit. Only negotiate Out The Door pricing, don't get caught up in all their bullshit charges.
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    That is a good deal either way. Like he said. Never mind what the dealer fees are it is about the OTD price. $9791 is below cost so even witht the fees it isnt bad.The fees are just letting them make a little money. I mean after all it is a business designed to make money. If you are in Central Florida I will make you a great deal if you are fair and allow me to make a small margin. If a customer is fair and realistic I have no problems showing them cost and working from there. After all no one expects to work for free.

Also the economy will never get better if dealers continue to fail from selling everything below cost.
    Last edited by RUSH.; 06-22-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: additional info

any dealer that charges extra for freight is double charging you. Freight is already in the msrp and I know that because my dealer told me and showed me the paperwork!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information