V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1

RXT stage 3 to RXT-X

I got a friend who had a bad to the bone RXT with the 4 inch air, rude, 50lb injectors, riva ECU and riva Intercooler, thru hull exhaust, valve train upgrade. he blew his engine and went and bought a RXT-x and wants to know what he can put over to the new rxt-x.

with buying something extra and without buying something extra

(i mainly deal in the RXP realm so I am asking for the experts in the RXT Realm)

Thanks

They are the same engine, just one is a HO based unit.

Take all the goodies out of the blown one, and put in the new one.

The exhaust is the only thing that will not cross over.

What was the charger on the blown one, and what caused it to go bang?

Quote Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
    I got a friend who had a bad to the bone RXT with the 4 inch air, rude, 50lb injectors, riva ECU and riva Intercooler, thru hull exhaust, valve train upgrade. he blew his engine and went and bought a RXT-x and wants to know what he can put over to the new rxt-x.

with buying something extra and without buying something extra

(i mainly deal in the RXP realm so I am asking for the experts in the RXT Realm)

Thanks
    From what you've got listed it looks like he can pull a lot of it over. 4 inch air, rude (though i'm not sure what sort of boost it makes vs an X charger), the 50s can come over once he puts a wheel in the X Charger, through hull can come over, If the valve train isn't shot it can come over too. I don't think he can do ECU, but if he sells it he'll be pretty close to the cost of an X ecu.

Tell him to get a grate as well (worx being my preference), and a 15/22r or to repitch the stocker.

+1
    if the rude comes over being that its bigger than the x-charger will the 50 lb injectors work well by themselves or would it be better to leave the stock injectors and get a RRFPR

+1
    all power adders will cross over. not sure about ecu since year model. even the exhaust will fit x , but will have to run J-Pipe. I've run them both on my x and prefer 08 guted box with thru hull. I would guess 42s with RRFPR, RUDE1, and stock x ecu would be good.if you run riva ecu then you need to run recommended injectors and valvetrain upgrade. . not sure on x with riva ecu(scratch head) (at minimum 50,s), but on non - x riva ecu boat its 50,s as you are well aware of. (smiley)be sure he ditches the stock intake grate soon if not already. .

+1
    well he wants to stay stock on the exhaust (no hole) and ECU so basically whats it going to take to run the rude on a newly purchased RXT-X

well he wants to stay stock on the exhaust (no hole) and ECU so basically whats it going to take to run the rude on a newly purchased RXT-X
    Meirvin- The rude1 is stronger than the stock x charger 12.5 vs 10.2, however even though Riva says the stock x ecu can run the 50's, the afr is in the high 10's at idle and muddy acceleration. Especially if you guys ride in the heat most of the time. The 42's with an rrfpr is a better idea. The rrfpr must be an '08 version. The older ones do not fit.

Have him carefully remove the manifold screen (flame arrester) in the intake manifold. I went thru the throttle body, but had to pull the whole manifold anyhow since i was afraid of any leftover metal pieces going into the motor. It's a bitch but worth 1/2 lb of boost or so. (it's kind of like a catalytic converter on cars)

Scale down from the oem 87mm x nozzle to the stock '07 83 mm exit nozzle. Pitch for 8140-8160 using a 15/22r. The larger root angle on the 15/22r works better than the 15/20. Try the 15/20 first to save $$$ though.

He can also easily upgrade to a 2 rude with an adapter down the road; although I feel the rudes really shine when revved way up high. The new ET's seem to work better with the stock ecu's imo and they definitely rip up high too..

4" air is a must to the front. Cut the lower half of the storage bucket and reattach.... or remove bucket altogether to get better air flow.

I run the r&d grate and am pleased. The worx is also a real good choice. I have heard that it matters more on the p-x than the t-x due to overstuff on the p-x. The worx is .5 mph quicker but the r&d blocks more water thereby helping delay the overstuff problem with the p-x. Nothing to worry about on the t-x. The t-x and earlier t's have the same sized intake grate.

The Riva 2.0 riva wedge is the best choice because it is very narrow and will not affect the use of the opas. The r&d 1.5 is much thicker, and has less angle, BUT it pushes the venturi so far back that the opas rubs as you turn. Not good. You can also get the riva plastic opas inserts to keep the opas paddles higher causing less drag, but still have the added steering.

There's quite a bit.

If I think of more i will come back. Questions - fire away if you like.

Good luck.
    Brendan

+1
    Thanks Brenden exactly what I was looking for

Thanks Brenden exactly what I was looking for
    Np Mike. Anytime!!!!!

BTW - an '08 Riva ecu (with springs) transforms this boat into a monster. Just pricey as you know. I haven't even made that switch yet, but my p-x is ridiculous.

Thread Information