? about my new intake grate.

Hi everybody,i just purchased a new r&d intake grate for my ski,a 2004 gp1300r,and im going to do the pump plug kit and also the pump tunnel reinforcement all at the same time.My question is when i bolt up my new intake grate should i stick with the stock bolts for the intake grate or should i use the bolts that came with the new grate. It says in the owners manual that the stock intake grate bolts are 6x20 and 6x30 but the bolts that came with the new intake grate look to all be the same size. Also the bolts that came with the new grate dont have any washers on them and the stock ones do.Sorry if this is a dumb question,just want to make sure i use the right bolts and do it right the first time so my grate dont come off.Thanks for any replies in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zxiripper View Post
    Hi everybody,i just purchased a new r&d intake grate for my ski,a 2004 gp1300r,and im going to do the pump plug kit and also the pump tunnel reinforcement all at the same time.My question is when i bolt up my new intake grate should i stick with the stock bolts for the intake grate or should i use the bolts that came with the new grate. It says in the owners manual that the stock intake grate bolts are 6x20 and 6x30 but the bolts that came with the new intake grate look to all be the same size. Also the bolts that came with the new grate dont have any washers on them and the stock ones do.Sorry if this is a dumb question,just want to make sure i use the right bolts and do it right the first time so my grate dont come off.Thanks for any replies in advance.
    If you really want to be safe order a WFO front grate bracket support(which comes with 2 M8 bolts) and upgrade the rear bolts to M8.

+1
    When I did my first r&d grate I used the stock bolts..they are good bolts.......the wfo grate mount is the best method...better yet is the s.s. grate from green hulk and the wfo grate with big bolts...you will need to drill and tap the shoe, this is not a problem and you can flat back it and drill on the trailer. the r&d grates were cracking so check yours ...if the grate comes apart at 60-70 mph you will get the ride of your life....trust me.

Thread Information