Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Communication with dealer or yamaha regarding pump overstuff/bucking issue

Hi everyone,

Curious if there has been any communication with members and the dealer and or yamaha regarding the safety concern with pump stuffing and bucking on the FZS/FZR models.

I have a stock FZS and it happened to me recently. Aproached the dealer and service dept and they have never heard of anything like this happening. They took the issue to Yamaha Canada and its news to them to. I was actually requested to send info I had read on this forum to the dealer so they could forward to Yamaha Canada.

Has anyone recieved a clear answer as to whether or not it is an issue and more importantly any solutions???

I am not satisfied with installing something aftermarket as it will change the ski and void a warranty...the dealer would not be satisfied with the grate solution either. I am concerned that this issue is going unnoticed and may be swept under the carpet due to it "never being seen before".

Any advice would be great or better yet anyone who has had this issue what is the followup you have had with the dealer or yamaha.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by firefitness26 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Curious if there has been any communication with members and the dealer and or yamaha regarding the safety concern with pump stuffing and bucking on the FZS/FZR models.

I have a stock FZS and it happened to me recently. Aproached the dealer and service dept and they have never heard of anything like this happening. They took the issue to Yamaha Canada and its news to them to. I was actually requested to send info I had read on this forum to the dealer so they could forward to Yamaha Canada.

Has anyone recieved a clear answer as to whether or not it is an issue and more importantly any solutions???

I am not satisfied with installing something aftermarket as it will change the ski and void a warranty...the dealer would not be satisfied with the grate solution either. I am concerned that this issue is going unnoticed and may be swept under the carpet due to it "never being seen before".

Any advice would be great or better yet anyone who has had this issue what is the followup you have had with the dealer or yamaha.
    There has been plenty of information on correcting the overstuff issue in this section of the forum.

I dont think that changing the intake grate will void your warranty since its such a simple bolt on, but you could just put the stock back on when you take it in to the dealer just in case

I think you guys are missing the point. I realize there is plenty of info on this forum and the most reasonable fix is a simple bolt on....so my question is why does Yamaha not know about this.

after spending as much money as I did on the product I do not expect to have to go searching internet forums for advice on how to fix or remedy a potentially serious safety concern.

What I am looking for is opinions or info from thos who have approached their dealers with this concern or have spoken to Yamaga directly.

+1
    This has been an on going problem since 2000 with the gpr's.First year with the fz's. In 8 years yamaha did nothing to fix the problem on the gpr's. I'm sure they will do nothing for the Fz's either.

The average ski buyer will never understand what is throwing them off and they'll just accept it. It's not until you get onto forums like Gh & riva that you learn that getting thrown off is not just you.

In the past 9 years. Aftermarket scoop grates have been the answer to getting tossed. Yamaha knows this. Do they care? Who knows, ask them directly.

Asking the dealer for their opinion or to act on your behalf is like clapping with one hand. Hell, they don't know their ass from a hole in ground(most of them) They think stock ski's do 75mph.

Unless you would like to start a class action lawsuit to get their attention and a possible factory solution. Just do like the rest of us and spend the $200 and move on.

I think you guys are missing the point. I realize there is plenty of info on this forum and the most reasonable fix is a simple bolt on....so my question is why does Yamaha not know about this.

after spending as much money as I did on the product I do not expect to have to go searching internet forums for advice on how to fix or remedy a potentially serious safety concern.

What I am looking for is opinions or info from thos who have approached their dealers with this concern or have spoken to Yamaga directly.

+1
    what do you do with that almighty $200 aftermarket grate breaks???

+1

100% agree. I do think Yamaha needs to take some responsibility here considering not even half of their new customers will know about a bucking problem or join a forum to find out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    what do you do with that almighty $200 aftermarket grate breaks???
    Don't stock grates break too? The GPR 800 grates have been breaking left and right.

+1
    i asked yami, they said they were unaware (as they have said to most everyone else) the guy said only problem they know about it the foam in the cowlings coming loose but almost everyone here with a fzr/s has taken them out, myself included.

[quote=firefitness26;1108622]I think you guys are missing the point. I realize there is plenty of info on this forum and the most reasonable fix is a simple bolt on....so my question is why does Yamaha not know about this.
    Dude, no one is missing the point. Stop being so naive. OF COURSE Yamaha knows about the problem by now, and, OF COURSE they are also aware that there is a relatively cheap aftermarket solution to the problem. So what exactly is it that you expect they are going to do. If you haven't figured it out by now, NOTHING!! So like the man said, order up an intake grate already and get on with it.
    Jeez, you'd think this guy would be happy he had this option. Frankly, I'm surprised that you rode that new bike of yours fast enough to actually get bucked off, lol. Is it still highly "unblemished"??? lmao ps . . . Expect the Unexpected!!!

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    good luck with that. Maybe the guys on the sd side that were trying to sue BRP for hull delams and sc washers failing can help. maybe the kawi guys with the gas in the oil too. or the yammi guys with dropped pv's, snapped cranks, cracked tunnels.. . Unless you have some seriously deep pockets and lots of free time, suck it up, buy the grate and move on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information