Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

250X mods...a few questions. THANKS

07' ULTRA 250X help.

I came home from work and decided to remove the intercooler to check and see if it needed cleaning and to give me an excuse to do the intercooler mod. I have a few questions while it is apart. From what I read, the intercooler mod is worth the time and effort so i was going to definitely perform this mod. Will I still flush the ski from the front flush point under the hood?

My other questions regarding other mods were...

While the intercooler is off, should I remove the secondary waterbox? (the ski is an 07) If so, what should I replace it with and what is the benefits? I'm trying to avoid a full exhaust. Not only for cost but for noise as well.

I was going to do the ram air mod as well. From what I've ready, ther sem no reason not to do this mod. My question is, do i only cut the (2) 2 1/2 holes that alight with the intake or do I also cut the piece out of the front of the nose as well. I couldn't quite comprehend the instructions on this mod. I'm probably over analyzing things as I usually do, and I'm sure it a simple mod.

My next question is regarding the relief valve tubing that is plumbed back into the air box. I have the BOV block off so I basically wanted to eliminate the line plumbed back into the air box from the relief valve and replace it with a filter on the valve side and a cap and hose clamp on the intake side of the air box. Is this all I need to do?

Last but not least, I wanted to do the crank case vent mod. I see they sell block off plates and I'd imagine you just plug the end on the intake side of the air box with these block offs. Is this different for the 07'? Can I just eliminate the "T" and just connect the (2) breathers on top of the valve cover together and again just plug the intake side where it was plumbed to it or will this build to much pressure?

Sorry for ALL the questions, but as of now, all of this is new to me. I just figured while I was doing something, I just as well do all the other mods at once if possible. I'm trying to have it all wrapped up by the weekend so I can go riding.

Thanks again for any input and I appreciate your time and consideration in helping me out.

Keith

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    07' ULTRA 250X help.

I came home from work and decided to remove the intercooler to check and see if it needed cleaning and to give me an excuse to do the intercooler mod. I have a few questions while it is apart. From what I read, the intercooler mod is worth the time and effort so i was going to definitely perform this mod. Will I still flush the ski from the front flush point under the hood? no as you block that hose off at the exhaust manifold you can reverse flush from the i/c outlet by slipping a hose over the fitting from outside the hull on the left side of the pump. i have pics on 250xtech.com

My other questions regarding other mods were...

While the intercooler is off, should I remove the secondary waterbox? (the ski is an 07) If so, what should I replace it with and what is the benefits? I'm trying to avoid a full exhaust. Not only for cost but for noise as well. a standard u-bend off ebay i think it was 2.25" will fit straight in again on 250xtech.com

I was going to do the ram air mod as well. From what I've ready, ther sem no reason not to do this mod. My question is, do i only cut the (2) 2 1/2 holes that alight with the intake or do I also cut the piece out of the front of the nose as well. I couldn't quite comprehend the instructions on this mod. I'm probably over analyzing things as I usually do, and I'm sure it a simple mod. wouldn't bother

My next question is regarding the relief valve tubing that is plumbed back into the air box. I have the BOV block off so I basically wanted to eliminate the line plumbed back into the air box from the relief valve and replace it with a filter on the valve side and a cap and hose clamp on the intake side of the air box. Is this all I need to do? go ahead 35mm chair leg stoppers work also a 12mm as well also listed on 250xtech.com

Last but not least, I wanted to do the crank case vent mod. I see they sell block off plates and I'd imagine you just plug the end on the intake side of the air box with these block offs. Is this different for the 07'? Can I just eliminate the "T" and just connect the (2) breathers on top of the valve cover together and again just plug the intake side where it was plumbed to it or will this build to much pressure? by the way its not a crankcase vent. yes 12mm cap as listed above and a garden watering system 12mm joiner will help. again on 250xtech.com

Sorry for ALL the questions, but as of now, all of this is new to me. I just figured while I was doing something, I just as well do all the other mods at once if possible. I'm trying to have it all wrapped up by the weekend so I can go riding. if you haven't already looked check out 250xtech.com all instructions are their.

Thanks again for any input and I appreciate your time and consideration in helping me out.

Keith
    cheers hope this helps

+1
    Thanks, I REALLY appreciate you taking your time and helping me out with every question. That helped out tremendously. Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    cheers hope this helps

cheers hope this helps
    +1......but instead of wouldn't bother with the ram air i wouldn't do it. One of the leading causes of problems in a jet ski is water ingestion and this mod opens up all kinds of possibilities for water ingestion.

David

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by halfassjack View Post
    +1......but instead of wouldn't bother with the ram air i wouldn't do it. One of the leading causes of problems in a jet ski is water ingestion and this mod opens up all kinds of possibilities for water ingestion.

David
    thanks david your response sounds much more polite

Make sure your ride plate doesn't hang down past your pump shoe u want it above it makes a huge difference.

I did the Riva free flow exhaust which takes out he 2nd waterbox. Sounds sweet

+1
    I've see so many topics on the intercooler mod that its beginning to make a simple job confusing. I understand the dual bottom inlets, my question is regarding the out (top of the intercooler) If I'm going to flush the ski from the back by the pump, will I just install a 1/4 plug in the rear of the exhaust (that runs to the center of the back of the ski) and replace that line, the one at the back middle of the ski, witha new piece of 5/8 heater hose to the top of the intercooler? Sorry for such a basic and simple question, I just think I overwhelmed myself reading the 50 pages from various sites regarding this mod.

I know I had read somewhere where somebody really simplified the mod, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Just a quick recap on what exactly goes where, was originally where and now goes to.... etc, to verify what I'm doing would be much appreciated. Again, thanks in advance for any help. Keith

+1
    you do sound confused
    1. the flush hose that you remove is the one that attaches to the top of the i/c and the other end is located at the front of the exhaust manifold slightly hidden (follow it with your hand) remove this hose and elbow altogether and install a plug in the exhaust manifold.
    2. disconnect the hose coming from the bottom of the i/c on the left hand side only from the i/c end. source a joiner and a peice of 5/8 hose with right angle bend at one end and run it from the top i/c fitting and join it to the existing hose that is now sitting on the left hand side bottom of your ski you may need to twist the hose slightly (a car pre-bent heater hose works perfectly from an auto parts store)
    3. now disconnect the right hand side hose and cut to install a 1/2" brass or plastic tee so as you have one inlet that tees to both bottom i/c fittings you will also need a length of 1/2" hose to reach around to the front i/c fitting. to make it neater install a 1/2" brass elbow into the new bottom feed on the i/c.
    4. whilst your at it remove the brass elbow fitting on the right hand side of your pump (outside the hull)(this is the i/c feed hose) and drill it out a little more (so it will flow a little more water)
    5. to now flush the i/c all you need to do is slip a peice of hose over the white plastic i/c outlet fitting that is located on the left hand side of the pump outside the hull. (as your i/c is now a seperate unit to the engine)

its all in here regarding flushing
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.ph...&t=13&start=70

+1
    Thank you.... This DEFINITELY helps. I was rather confused. lol And for verification, when you say right and left side, you are talking as if you were sititng on the ski with intercooler in place correct. I'm just covering all bases. lol lol lol
    And is there some type of award for dumbest questions? If so, nominate me. lol
    you do sound confused
    1. the flush hose that you remove is the one that attaches to the top of the i/c and the other end is located at the front of the exhaust manifold slightly hidden (follow it with your hand) remove this hose and elbow altogether and install a plug in the exhaust manifold.
    2. disconnect the hose coming from the bottom of the i/c on the left hand side only from the i/c end. source a joiner and a peice of 5/8 hose with right angle bend at one end and run it from the top i/c fitting and join it to the existing hose that is now sitting on the left hand side bottom of your ski you may need to twist the hose slightly (a car pre-bent heater hose works perfectly from an auto parts store)
    3. now disconnect the right hand side hose and cut to install a 1/2" brass or plastic tee so as you have one inlet that tees to both bottom i/c fittings you will also need a length of 1/2" hose to reach around to the front i/c fitting. to make it neater install a 1/2" brass elbow into the new bottom feed on the i/c.
    4. whilst your at it remove the brass elbow fitting on the right hand side of your pump (outside the hull)(this is the i/c feed hose) and drill it out a little more (so it will flow a little more water)
    5. to now flush the i/c all you need to do is slip a peice of hose over the white plastic i/c outlet fitting that is located on the left hand side of the pump outside the hull. (as your i/c is now a seperate unit to the engine)

its all in here regarding flushing
    http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.ph...&t=13&start=70

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information