Thread: P0544

P0544

Hello all,

I Need a little help on this, hopefully someone can provide some. I was riding in the Potomac two weekends ago and sucked up a bunch of Hydrilla. Took my ski to the dealer and had the wear ring replaced, I wish that I would have done it myself and saved about 300 bux. Anyways, now I'm getting the chk engine code listed in the title and I figure that I need to switch out the exhaust temp sensor. Does anyone have any experience with this code, is it really as simple as switching out the sensor? Thanks

Tony

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyLFL View Post
    Hello all,

I Need a little help on this, hopefully someone can provide some. I was riding in the Potomac two weekends ago and sucked up a bunch of Hydrilla. Took my ski to the dealer and had the wear ring replaced, I wish that I would have done it myself and saved about 300 bux. Anyways, now I'm getting the chk engine code listed in the title and I figure that I need to switch out the exhaust temp sensor. Does anyone have any experience with this code, is it really as simple as switching out the sensor? Thanks

Tony
    thas the:P0544
    Exhaust gas temperature sensor fautly.si ef is the conectors are bad .

+1
    If it were the wear ring was that bad I would go through the entire cooling system and flush it out.

The sensor could be unplugged as well.

+1
    What Bill said..IF you ran through some shit then you may have clogged up your cooling..I have a feeling your sencor is fine..Ill bet there is a clog somewhere..I would take off the hoses and check to make sure they are clear.Then the IC and finally the J-pipe...

The sencor is located on your waterbox on the outlet side..You cant miss it its the only sencor on it...See if its not unplugged

Are you talking about the exhaust assembly that I should flush out? I'm going to pull my SC this Saturday so where is the location of the items that I should inspect in relation to the location of the SC? Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyLFL View Post
    Are you talking about the exhaust assembly that I should flush out? I'm going to pull my SC this Saturday so where is the location of the items that I should inspect in relation to the location of the SC? Thanks

Yes the exhaust..The J-pipe is the silver looking pipe right next to the SCer that comes off the exhaust manifold..Take that off and look at the end of it.You will see 3 little pisser holes..Make sure they are not clogged..Then the IC...You wil not be able to remove this without some work So take the cooling hoses off and reverse flush it with a garden hose..then reverse fluch the rest of the cooling lines while you have it apart..

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

Check this too, run the ski on the water hose and look where the pump mounts to the hull/shoe on the top left side of the pump. There is a little restrictor with a rubber seal around it. If water is pissing out around that area the dealer messed up the restrictor seal or left it out. It will produce and exhaust overheat scenerio. 300 for a wear ring change. Who's the dealer? What a rip-off.

Thread Information