Belt Tension Tool

Ok I have search and cannot find. Where does one purchase a supercharger belt tension tool so I can check/adjust my belt tension?

Also what is the latest consensus on aftermarket tensioner pulleys? Stick with stock? R $ D?

+1

tension

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    Ok I have search and cannot find. Where does one purchase a supercharger belt tension tool so I can check/adjust my belt tension?

Also what is the latest consensus on aftermarket tensioner pulleys? Stick with stock? R $ D?
    tool can be ordered from kawi, or R-Rated performance (rudy's company)
    r& d tension wheel is good b/c larger = less slip, only issue is need to be inspected every 15 - 20hrs, and usually replaced soon after

every 15-20 hours replacement? wow that would be about every month and a half for me But i like the idea of not having to take apart my old one to replace just the bearing (dont have a press)

Problem i am having is with slipping. Dealer said "I" must have spilled oil on it.
    I tried cleaning it and tightening belt but it keeps slipping on initial takeoff. Has a little sputter out of the hole. After i tighten it it goes away then comes back when heats up a bit. Thats why i figured I would change the belt and pulley while at it.

+1

yup

Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    every 15-20 hours replacement? wow that would be about every month and a half for me But i like the idea of not having to take apart my old one to replace just the bearing (dont have a press)

Problem i am having is with slipping. Dealer said "I" must have spilled oil on it.
    I tried cleaning it and tightening belt but it keeps slipping on initial takeoff. Has a little sputter out of the hole. After i tighten it it goes away then comes back when heats up a bit. Thats why i figured I would change the belt and pulley while at it.
    throw an extra belt on and zip tie it out of the way so when replacing no need to pull engine. larger OD tensioner will yield less slip, belt dressing helps it stick, but will make small peices come off and stick on wheel. you could get a bearing driver set for like 20 bucks but still takes a few min to replace bearings. you can find aftermarket around just make SURE the bearings are sealed or they won't last a week!! FYI most dealer are idiots that know nothing of their products other than what is in the brochure!!

its for shure the belt slipping. I just tightened it a bit and took it out for a spin and no problem when belt is tight. All I could get out of her today was 66.7 mph. air temp 93, water temp 85, but it feels like it runs real strong after that timing advance. Probably my nicked up impeller costing some speed
    I have had a best of 68.7 before the timing mod but impeller was good then. I guess impros is in order, but I knew that when I sucked up that rock last month.

Quote Originally Posted by born riding View Post
    throw an extra belt on and zip tie it out of the way so when replacing no need to pull engine. larger OD tensioner will yield less slip, belt dressing helps it stick, but will make small peices come off and stick on wheel. you could get a bearing driver set for like 20 bucks but still takes a few min to replace bearings. you can find aftermarket around just make SURE the bearings are sealed or they won't last a week!! FYI most dealer are idiots that know nothing of their products other than what is in the brochure!!
    What kit will you recommend to remove and install bearing for tensioner wheel and sc pulley?

How long should I use oem bearings on ultra 250x on stock pulley and tensioner wheel? They are not expensive $12 each

Thread Information