+1

15/20 on a mostly stock RXTX

So I'm getting ready for vaction here, have the RXTX stripped to reinforce the tunnel, install a free flow exhaust, 3" intake (4" Kana when I get time) and I find a Riva grate for said TX and a 15/20 Solas. I bought this stuff last year and had forgotten about it, will my mostly stock 3" Riva intake, and Riva free flow, with a Riva grate pull the 15/20? I obviously was planning on upgrading this boat before the economy took a crap.
    Thanks

+1
    No one

Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    So I'm getting ready for vaction here, have the RXTX stripped to reinforce the tunnel, install a free flow exhaust, 3" intake (4" Kana when I get time) and I find a Riva grate for said TX and a 15/20 Solas. I bought this stuff last year and had forgotten about it, will my mostly stock 3" Riva intake, and Riva free flow, with a Riva grate pull the 15/20? I obviously was planning on upgrading this boat before the economy took a crap.
    Thanks
    I'm at sea level and mine pulls a 15/22 fine with 4" kanaflex. I would imagine you'll be pretty close to where you need to be so long as you're at sea level or close.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Thanks
    I tested this prop the Solas 4 blade 15/20 (just to be sure we are talking about the same one) in my moded RXT about 1 1/2 year ago and my ski become a DOG from the hole, definitely this prop was to heavy for my 3 seater ski, this test was done with the stock 83 mm ring in salt water in our local high humidity and mid 80 to low 90 deg. air, i have had tested almost all the aftermarket props available for the RXT/RXP platform out there, the 3 blade skat 13/18,15/19, the solas 4 blade 14/19 and 15/20. For a while i found the best overral performance with a solas 4 blade 14/17 that i bought new from PPG but this prop was not a out of the box one, it was tweaked by his head mechanic Frazier before he left the shop, my ski was working to the absolute perfection with this prop, i was killing all my local competition when i was using her with the Riva stage 3 SC but right after i bought the more powerfull Rude charger my ski started to bang the limiter so i sold it and bought a new 14/19 repitched to 13/20 specs by Dave from Impros, with this prop and the 81mm ring i broke into the 75 MPH zone for the first time (75.1 @ 8500 rpms WOT to be exact) all this test were done @ sea level, the only prop that i have not tried yet is the new Solas 15/22r but if you ride in my same weather conditions i am completely sure that you would need to depitched to find the best results, hope this info help, good luck

Ray

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT View Post
    I tested this prop the Solas 4 blade 15/20 (just to be sure we are talking about the same one) in my moded RXT about 1 1/2 year ago and my ski become a DOG from the hole, definitely this prop was to heavy for my 3 seater ski, this test was done with the stock 83 mm ring in salt water in our local high humidity and mid 80 to low 90 deg. air, i have had tested almost all the aftermarket props available for the RXT/RXP platform out there, the 3 blade skat 13/18,15/19, the solas 4 blade 14/19 and 15/20. For a while i found the best overral performance with a solas 4 blade 14/17 that i bought new from PPG but this prop was not a out of the box one, it was tweaked by his head mechanic Frazier before he left the shop, my ski was working to the absolute perfection with this prop, i was killing all my local competition when i was using her with the Riva stage 3 SC but right after i bought the more powerfull Rude charger my ski started to bang the limiter so i sold it and bought a new 14/19 repitched to 13/20 specs by Dave from Impros, with this prop and the 81mm ring i broke into the 75 MPH zone for the first time (75.1 @ 8500 rpms WOT to be exact) all this test were done @ sea level, the only prop that i have not tried yet is the new Solas 15/22r but if you ride in my same weather conditions i am completely sure that you would need to depitched to find the best results, hope this info help, good luck

Ray

Hmmmm Ray, what would you reccomend?

Thread Information