Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Cruise Assist--Can It Be Installed On FZR/FZS?

The lake I live on is an all-sports lake. Then there is a long 10 mph lake between our lake and another all-sports lake about twice as big as ours (we go to the other lake some times and have to go through the slow lake).

It would be nice to have the Cruise Assist on my FZS as I saw Her shaking-out Her hand when going through the 10 mph lake last weekend due to throttle fatigue. Her hands are very small and are bothered also when we go snowmobiling from the throttle.

Can the Cruise Assist be installed on the FZR/FZS?

Also, can Cruise Assist be used when pulling a skier? I pulled a skier for the first time last weekend with a PWC and found it somewhat difficult to hold 17 mph--I would see 10 mph and then with the power and response of the new ski it would jump to 20 mph with the slightest change in throttle position. My 10 year old was asking me why it was pulling hard, then slowing down, then pulling hard, etc...

also in for answer. seems like it would be fairly easy

I use the cruise assist all the time to pull tubers, so I don't why you couldnt use it for skiing.

+1
    Well the cruise assist is controlled by the ECU, so if that functionality isn't in the FZ ecu then I'd say your out of luck. The functionality could be there like it is on the SHO and they just left that pin for the wires to it empty on the FZ ecu. I'm just speculating though. I would have to get in my ski and trace the wires back from the cruise controls to the ecu or look into the wiring diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Well the cruise assist is controlled by the ECU, so if that functionality isn't in the FZ ecu then I'd say your out of luck. The functionality could be there like it is on the SHO and they just left that pin for the wires to it empty on the FZ ecu. I'm just speculating though. I would have to get in my ski and trace the wires back from the cruise controls to the ecu or look into the wiring diagram.
    hey, you have a TBSS?TBSS Crew :wavey:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by camaudio View Post
    hey, you have a TBSS?TBSS Crew :wavey:
    Yeah man! Just picked her up about 3 weeks ago and loving every minute of it. It's the best of both worlds for me. It does awesome towing my ski and looks good doing it. Just got around to incorporating it into my signature last night. I'm pretty happy with it.

Planning on a couple mods here and there, E-fans, CAI, and I'm going to tune it with HP tuners. I say I'm going to stop there but I've had my eye on a few used STS turbo kits lately.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Yeah man! Just picked her up about 3 weeks ago and loving every minute of it. It's the best of both worlds for me. It does awesome towing my ski and looks good doing it. Just got around to incorporating it into my signature last night. I'm pretty happy with it.

Planning on a couple mods here and there, E-fans, CAI, and I'm going to tune it with HP tuners. I say I'm going to stop there but I've had my eye on a few used STS turbo kits lately.

congrats, youll love it. tows like a dream and AWD is awesome for launching on sandy beaches

I've had my eye on a few used STS turbo kits lately.
    I test drove the SS with the STS tubo kit in Miami. Nice rig!

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post

Also, can Cruise Assist be used when pulling a skier? I pulled a skier for the first time last weekend with a PWC and found it somewhat difficult to hold 17 mph--I would see 10 mph and then with the power and response of the new ski it would jump to 20 mph with the slightest change in throttle position. My 10 year old was asking me why it was pulling hard, then slowing down, then pulling hard, etc...
    I use my sho cruiser for skiing/wakeboarding and got it specifically for the cruise control, thinking it would be like the perfect pass on a mastercraft ski boat etc.

It's okay...............but if you use it for mono skiing, it's rubbish. I can slow the jetski down by about 6mph by pulling out hard for a turn, and then the ski over compensates and has to accelerate quickly to get back up to speed, nearly pulling you out the front of the ski

Pretty much the same for wakeboarding

A decent driver is the answer.

As for riding on flat water for long distances at the same speed, it's perfect

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information