Quickness difference 2008 FX HO vs SHO

not counting top speed, how much faster is a FX SHO vs FX HO in pulling out of turns or from a dead stop to say 60 mph. I'm not a top speed freak, but I love the pull you from your seat torque & power..I don't think i'll be dissapointed in the FX HO, but just curious how much more powerful the FX SHO might be...

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    not counting top speed, how much faster is a FX SHO vs FX HO in pulling out of turns or from a dead stop to say 60 mph. I'm not a top speed freak, but I love the pull you from your seat torque & power..I don't think i'll be dissapointed in the FX HO, but just curious how much more powerfulthe FX SHO might be...
    0-30 the SHO does it in about 1.8-2.0 secs where the HO is probably around 2.7-3.0 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    not counting top speed, how much faster is a FX SHO vs FX HO in pulling out of turns or from a dead stop to say 60 mph. I'm not a top speed freak, but I love the pull you from your seat torque & power..I don't think i'll be dissapointed in the FX HO, but just curious how much more powerful the FX SHO might be...

good bit of difference in those two ski's, if u can go with the SHO/FZR/FZS and the latter two if you like the bouy courses if you go with the HO still a solid craft but u will be looking for more power not too far down the line

+1
    I can tell you this, when my supercharger hose blows off I can tell immediately! The thing is a dog! lol

Not really a fair comparison though. Compression is lower on the SHO motor to allow for the boost.

the power difference is like night and day all across the RPM band

I know he didn't ask but isn't the direct offset to the speed gain felt in fuel consumption and cruising range?

SHO is about 75-80 miles for range and HO is about 110-120 each varying based upon conditions and speed.

Secondly the SHO is itself a cruiser so why wouldn't someone looking at this type of ski value range over 0 - 60 speed? Especially now that the FZR/FZS skis it would seem the SHO is irrelevant and FTL.

Either go range with FXHO / cruiser or go speed with FZR/FZS.

+1
    Just go the SHO!
    • If you want economy for the long distance stay under 35mph (no boost). Easy to do with the cruiser assist.
    • You'll have the power when you need it (just pull that little stick on the rhs).
    • Get a dealer to demo both. Then ride both side by side on the same day and conditions. See for yourself.
    • Then stick on a grate, prop, air intake, remove the ribbon and a change of undies.
    Hope this helps.
    PS Like you, acceleration is preferred over top speed although my project suggests differently.

Thread Information