Unhappy Please help me with my 06 RXP

Completely stock '06 RXP with 175 hours ran in only freshwater. When i accelerate it limits the revs to about 5700-5900 rpms and it tops out at about 48 mph. I originally figured it was clogged because that happened twice in the last two weeks. When i pulled it out, i inspected the intake grate and impeller and it was completely fine. Also i noticed it doesnt vibrate excessively when accelerating, which leads me to believe its something much worse than being a clogged impeller. Any help please?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jpesh View Post
    Completely stock '06 RXP with 175 hours ran in only freshwater. When i accelerate it limits the revs to about 5700-5900 rpms and it tops out at about 48 mph. I originally figured it was clogged because that happened twice in the last two weeks. When i pulled it out, i inspected the intake grate and impeller and it was completely fine. Also i noticed it doesnt vibrate excessively when accelerating, which leads me to believe its something much worse than being a clogged impeller. Any help please?
    Buddy..it worse than you think;

click link and read the post then follow Jerry's directions and post your findings..

you need to pop off your intake and try to spin the SC by hand, if it spins you got some work to do..

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40298

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71442

How to remove SC;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

Yep sounds like the supercharger failed. Seems bad at first but once youve removed one its a 20 min job. Ship it to Jerry for a rebuild, make SURE you dont have pieces of the broken ceramic washers in the oil filter screens.

+1
    Sounds like a supercharger washer failed.

Too bad BRP never sent out warnings to all '04 - '07 SC owners warning about the damage the ceramic washers can cause. What should be a $300 fix may be $2500 - $3000 repair... Ron

If it's not the supercharger it might be the spark plugs. I had a similar issue last week with my ski and it turned out to be bad plugs.

Well...

Took it to powersports of cleveland, the original quote was 970 for a rebuild and a wear ring, but a couple hours later the guy called and said the supercharger housing was cracked (is this common???) and they needed to pull the engine and find the pieces and make sure they got all the parts. So what will that cost? Theyre gonna take at least another week before they even get me a quote... damn national holidays

Anybody?

Its been two weeks since i left the ski with them... Still nothing... But anybody have any idea?

Trade it in

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jpesh View Post
    Took it to powersports of cleveland, the original quote was 970 for a rebuild and a wear ring, but a couple hours later the guy called and said the supercharger housing was cracked (is this common???) and they needed to pull the engine and find the pieces and make sure they got all the parts. So what will that cost? Theyre gonna take at least another week before they even get me a quote... damn national holidays
    Yeah, it's very common for those SC to fail and chit debris inside your motor. It all depends on how badly the motor was damaged but i'd guess atleast $3500.00... Are you a mechanicly skilled? You could save alot of money

There's alot of guy's here on the forum that are very trustworthly that could use the work and would surely do a better job, ask around and see if someone's willing to take the job

Thread Information